Reply to Thread

Thread: Population count broken in event after donating 2000 settlers

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Population count broken in event after donating 2000 settlers

Population count broken in event after donating 2000 settlers and refilling from star

Mayors says pop full
    Header count says 2000 not there
    Attached Images

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i have the same problem after donating 1000 settlers. village schools and universities although set to working are all showing the i symbol

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i turned off all my village schools and universities but now my population count is showing the same in mayors house and header count - ie full total so dont know how they have been made

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Miraculously fixed itself.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have the same problem after donating 1000 settlers. Tribute, school and university are all showing the 'i' symbol and not producing any settlers.
    My Mayor's house says pop. full and header bar at top says I'm down 1000 pop.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Same problem here after completing the "Professionals for Every Job" event quest.

Edit: Issue resolved after losing some units on an expedition. Could not manually add any settlers, but finding a way to lose settlers seems to fix the count at the Mayor's House.
    Last edited by UncleJemima; 23.06.20 at 21:59.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for the reports.

This has been reported and developers are looking at it.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    This bug is back this year.

Ever since the "A Host of Responsibilities" was introduced to the game many of us have noticed strange things happening to our population and army counts. I have without fail reported the problem to BB every year. Due to these counts being in flux due to event game play it had been assumed that how many players did the "Housing problem " quest was the cause of the bug.

Due to being forced by circumstances beyond my control to start a new account late last year this year, I found my self in the position of having to pay more attention what was happening in game.

Yesterday I decided I would be running "Arctic explosion" for the complete 25 mini-mission achievement. For best speed I had to train 150 XBmen to increase XB from 1000 to 1150. Having completed a "Giant battle" I had also decided to just top my pop up enough to keep running but not enough to replenish population 100%, my aim being to be as near to the required 4k space which tomorrow's quest calls for that I can manage. Therefore this morning when I logged in I had about 3600 idle pop with about 3k pop space.

I donated the 2k pop that "Professionals for every job" calls for leaving me with about 1600 idle pop. I did notice that my schools still had the "!" on them.
    Due to RL i had to log out for about a hour. When I logged back in I immediately noticed my idle pop was back up to 3667, since I only have 3 level 5 schools normal pop regen over that period of time would have been between 4-20. My population had grown by 100x faster than my schools and mayors would account for. I also noticed that I now had a extra 945 XBmen with my count now being 2095. Looking at the population tooltip I saw that size of army was now greater than pop allows, I had expected this tomorrow. All told I figure I can now field a army 1500 greater than pop allows.

https://prnt.sc/16bpvel
    Last edited by DorotheusII; 22.06.21 at 14:57.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for this report. I have received feedback from players that after 15-20~ minutes while performing "normal" in-game activities, the issue disappears (population returns to what it should have been). Can you confirm that?

World
    Northisle
    This is an old screenshot (20.1.2020) https://prnt.sc/qqb9og of my pop-tooltip. Can you count the errors ;D

Reply to Thread