Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 anniversary event

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle

2020 anniversary event

From 2019 dev diary:

The Petite Birthday Cake and the Enormous Birthday Cake are two buffs that can be produced in the Provision House. They are made from two event resources, Cake Dough and Birthday Candles, which can only be earned by players at level 50 or below and level 51 or above respectively.

If you're missing one of the two resources, feel free to trade with your friends! But if that's not your thing, you can always convert the resources into each other at a rate of 2 to 1 for Candles to Cake Dough or 3 to 1 for Cake Dough into Candles! Additionally to last year the amount of cake dough required to produce cakes was cut by 20%!

In readiness for the 2020 event, please please please can you take account of the fact that there are less and less players under level 50 and more and more over level 51. Could it be changed so that all levels get some of each resource instead of the differential? Or even just raise the level from 50 to 60?

I am sure some guilds may have some players under level 50 but the relative numbers is now way out of balance.

Last year saw a sudden influx of '''new''' players that vanished at the end of the event and oddly some people over level 50 magically had an amazing amount of the under level 50 resource and were profiteering from it on trade....nuff said!!
    Last edited by lordloocan; 10.08.20 at 20:08.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Can't even begin to explain how much I would prefer there was some sanity to it.

Make dough drop in treasure searches for 51+:ers and candles for under. Swap that around for those under 51.
    So we get some dough at least.

Make advs under lvl51 give dough, ones over candles.

Something. Anything.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Been wondering if moving the goal post from 50 to 60 would help.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they didnt listen last year doubt they will this year ...the argument is you can easily get 1-1 trade problem is that is seriously unfair ...lvl what is it 51 and below get dough at a rough 10x compared to candle ratio

but is no use complaining would need hundreds of posts of ppl complaining for them to do anything like when we had the black knight event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    mix the lot - that would help - we don't have alot of lower levels in our guild since those double and tripple xp events they rise very quickly

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Not a lot seem to be responding here so just to say no point moaning when the event starts.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Not a lot seem to be responding here so just to say no point moaning when the event starts.
    yep and that is exactly what will happen

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would imagine not a lot bother posting these days as its like tumbleweed expecting BB to take note or respond and most are just enjoying their final few months before the game becomes unplayable through normal browsers and dies.

Thats exactly my position - I used to be an avid poster but dont see the point anymore - especially if our BB Support Team and Community Manager cant be bothered posting on this forum. Take for instance the problem with the Bundle 3 in the current event - loads of players saying its locked to them, BB dont respond and it takes a player reading a German forum to see that BB are aware of the problem and will sort it after the event. We get nothing from official routes - so yeah I have lost interest in engaging with BB and I bet many others have as well.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    well, the sheer volume of gem sales, happy hours and gem packages worries me, kinda semi confirming what slice mentioned, namely they will just go with flash without browser, making a load of people quit which in turn makes the appeal to continue low and the appeal for BB to invest in content low as well- so yea waiting on the fence to see what happens the last few months but most definitely in holding pattern - BB doesnt have the best history in replying (nor the worst) and the german boards always had more info - alas

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    btw fish, u are a few 100 posts behind- time to play catch up :P

Reply to Thread