Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Agree, does not work on improved bakeries either need to build a bakery! Come on Devs get with the program 10 years on and you still don't think about what your doing with quest lines and where the players are in the game.Very disappointing!
    was a pain but i found a really easy solution build a bakery and a brewery took a few minutes and will knock them down at end of event

World
    Sandycove
    Not really the point I was making Hades8840. These are just the signs of poor design and muddled/rushed thinking ( if thought was indeed employed ). How much more professional would it have been to ensure the buff would work on basic and improved buildings? Would it require a little imagination to move the adventure difficulty by one for each time you move through the quest line within the level groups not just stick in `do a adventure of 11+', as in my case? And why 11+ not 10+? These are all things that should be picked up in the `story board' part of the event design, especially for an event of this size. Eight years on and I'm still left wondering if any one left at BB have actually played the game in their own time for real and not just on a dev machine.
    ps. Gemming the quests is imv the start of a slippery slope and only encourages even more poor design.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree, does not work on improved bakeries either need to build a bakery! Come on Devs get with the program 10 years on and you still don't think about what your doing with quest lines and where the players are in the game.Very disappointing!
    Guess what, we have another one which only works on normal copper mines. Starting to look like all the event quests were written back in 2010.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm still left wondering if any one left at BB have actually played the game in their own time for real and not just on a dev machine.
    Im still left wondering why people assume any developer is somehow obliged to play the game.

The design is trivial and doesnt require much apart from using common sense, hence theres no reason anyone from inside the team would spend any time on actually playing it, especially outside of working hours.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Im still left wondering why people assume any developer is somehow obliged to play the game.

The design is trivial and doesnt require much apart from using common sense, hence theres no reason anyone from inside the team would spend any time on actually playing it, especially outside of working hours.
    Well if you believe the statements that have been coming out of BB regarding `Flash end of life', namely how much they love the game, you would think that at least some would. After all how better to make constructive changes, or to make changes that would improve the game, other than to play the game for real not on a development machine. Only in live they would gain `real time' understanding of how those elements fit into the game in real time?
    Of course the alternative is to listen for feedback ...say from the player base and act on that feedback ...better still have a test server so those changes can be tried, tested and changed and properly understood and debugged before going live using the free knowledgeable player base who do genuinely love the game ...oh wait didn't I hear somewhere that there was one ? How strange, I wonder why forum feedback on live is still required with all this attention to checks and balances?
    So your right sparkz, there should not be a need for devs to play the game for real. If you only need `common sense' and perhaps an ear and eye on feedback to your game proposals and development from forum and test media. However when I see poor, slap happy implementation of quest lines and functionality, as is seen in this event, I really think it should come down to an either/ or development process, not a neither.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Guess what, we have another one which only works on normal copper mines. Starting to look like all the event quests were written back in 2010.
    Not sure of what's happening on Sandycove, but in Newfoundland we've had a recent surge of new players and even plenty of old ones coming back to the game after a break of a few years.
    It is therefore easy to see why those specific quests were created with them in mind rather than the continuously playing ones, who will have an island full of improved buildings/endless mines.
    Not a big deal though, just added some copper to unmined deposits and temporarily built some breweries and bakeries. Not worse than having to find multiple spots for pumpkins fields, flowers farms and whatnots

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    A little information on the weekend:
    Please also donate your balloons and tell your friends/guild members to do the same. Currently, there are still MANY balloons in the storages and the goal could be almost or completely finished. In the end, it will not help if you leave the balloons in your storages. We all want the rewards from the community goal 2

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Kumakun View Post
    Please also donate your balloons and tell your friends/guild members to do the same. Currently, there are still MANY balloons in the storages and the goal could be almost or completely finished. In the end, it will not help if you leave the balloons in your storages. We all want the rewards from the community goal 2
    if we over donate, will it count towards the round 3 or they will get lost as in the last years?

many are moaning about what his event is asking you to do to achieve some rewards.

if you don't like the rules, then give up on this event.
    i don't believe they are hard to read and very difficult to understand.
    bugs and glitches are a different story, but when you moan about placing a cheap, short, meaningless buff on a basic building that kinda makes no sense to me.

keep calm and crack on. 9 more days to go and most of you will go back to being dormant
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 28.09.20 at 09:14. Reason: double post

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Kumakun View Post
    You better start playing and donating too cause if we miss the target it will be WW III on TSO, trust me .......

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Something that needs to be considered is that buff should be applicable to endless mines and improved buildings as most of us dont have a brewery, baker anymore as we replaced with improved ones.

Reply to Thread