Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Who says you cannot party while preparing for an even bigger party? Let's do a celebration Marathon - a Celebrathon - and see how many small parties we can do in the next weeks! A new repeatable Challenge Questchain "Celebration Marathon", split into 10 rounds with several subquests, was added as a Main Quest to the game. The first main quests starts after reaching level 16 and the next Main Quest will start after the previous one is finished.
    Just found out that "repeatable" in above quote from DD does not actually mean we can do the whole 10x10 quest chain again from round 1 after round 10 has finished. Which is a major disappointment. But then I thought that making it repeatable according to what the DD says should not be that difficult. Just one switch added to the code - after Round 10 go to Round 1.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Folks, I'm not sure if you are aware, but if you donate the balloons now, they will still count towards the 2nd and 3rd goals. I heard from some super secret source that we'll be really close if you start donating balloons from your warehouses!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    In the quest "Brewery buff" use 2 fish platter on your breweries - why does it not work on Friary????????
    I bombed my breweries years ago - now I have to put one up just to use a ... fish platter on it??
    Who made these quest ?? - Either someone who does not know the game or someone with no brain.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Who says you cannot party while preparing for an even bigger party? Let's do a celebration Marathon - a Celebrathon - and see how many small parties we can do in the next weeks! A new repeatable Challenge Questchain "Celebration Marathon", split into 10 rounds with several subquests, was added as a Main Quest to the game. The first main quests starts after reaching level 16 and the next Main Quest will start after the previous one is finished.
    Can we please get official clarification of the above issue? I see BB_Trafffer posting here but not a word regarding this "repeatable" quest chain. Number of us rushed through this Celebration Marathon expecting to get it done several times around, but finishing round 10 doesn't trigger the quest to start again. Is it just a misleading wording or is there another trigger to restart the "repeatable" questchain?
    Last edited by Norton_C; 04.09.20 at 17:08.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's misinterpretation/translation error or refers to the nature of the rounds. It did not repeat at test server and for example Polish or German dev diary do not say anything about it repeating. Given the quality of the rewards vs effort it would also be crazy if it would repeat :P

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I wouldn't mind. Was ready to go through it 3 to 4 times

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree .... Lets make this Questchain repeatable ......... The rewards are great ... Please BB ..... Put the Quest on Repeat :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Can we please get official clarification of the above issue? I see BB_Trafffer posting here but not a word regarding this "repeatable" quest chain. Number of us rushed through this Celebration Marathon expecting to get it done several times around, but finishing round 10 doesn't trigger the quest to start again. Is it just a misleading wording or is there another trigger to restart the "repeatable" questchain?
    It is not the first time that we are lost because BB does not know how to translate into english. I dont get why they cant hire someone to check text before putting it out, well but then they don't even bother to put text. Misty cake is filled with "undefined text"
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    While looking at Future TSO on German forum I also had the idea to check Dev Diary there. German DD says nothing about "repeatable" quests. How it got into English DD only Heaven & Hell knows. Not even google translate made such a mistake. Original speaks about ten rounds with increased difficulty. It would still be fair for BBs to clean up the mess they created and post correction note to English DD.

Looks like I better check anything suspicious on German forum or with Mods here before I take it on board. In a way this false info sort of spoiled the fun in part. I would have certainly played differently if it was clear we can only go through Celebration Marathon once.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 06.09.20 at 17:16.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    have to do a "Retro Style" adv for daily quest, how do I get one?, not in star & refreshed. thought advs for event got replaced as used?

Reply to Thread