Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Phase 2 goal was set too high when compared to goals for Phases 1 and 3

Not enough incentive to donate the ballons.

Not clear how donations would be implemented.

*EPIC FAIL* BB

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Updates for phase 2 and 3 can be found on our homepage, social media, and in-game - please check it
    Hm, so now you're dangling two carrots in front of our nose? I would prefer different solution - phase 2 goal just kept collecting till done. This double dangle, I don't know - but doubt it serves as motivation to anyone. Let's see how well you've done with your prediction of gaming behavior this time.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    ...phase 2 goal just kept collecting till done.
    No, the progress was frozen when time ran out and quest failed.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    No, the progress was frozen when time ran out and quest failed.
    That's exactly why I said I'd prefer different solution. What do you find difficult to understand about that?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am starting to get more and more angry. Every active player in my guild are collecting all they can - have enormous cake put so festival hall is buffed all the time. We cant make any more. BB is trying to make us blame each other for their failure to put a realistic goal
    We did not fail - BB failed. You cant produce more if they dont expect us to go and bye the balloons. It is not us players who need to fix this. What about all the balloons that went out the windows during the time the phase 2 quest froze and the phase 3 quest was there??
    I feel like being a kid again, back when a friend sometimes got mad at me and wanted a present back.
    This time it is not a friend - but a company who are trying to find ways to make me spent money, and now even want to take part of the product they are selling me back
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it's everyone's choice, nobody is forcing anybody to spend money or achieve any targets.

this event needs numbers, active players, to gather and donate.
    i don't see a reason to blame BB for not having enough of those or to ask/demand/dream of all those un-achieved targets
    to be gifted or reshuffled just cause some are moaning about.

this was a learning curve for devs for sure.

as for the players, keep calm and just move on. you not losing anything but time if y'all keep dragging or begging about it.
    this was an event. a failed one in many years, with rewards that are not a game changer.
    just imagine what you could moan about when the big change it's coming

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well - it is not a matter of choice we already give as much as we can - you cant produce more than max- it is the choice of the devs to make goals that are achievable.
    Yes we have a choice- we can chose not to play the game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as I can see the quests in both Celebration and the little daily quest chain are working exactly as intended. What I also see is a situation which has existed in game since it's inception, yet we get new quests which follow the same pattern as we have seen for the last 10 years and now people are complaining about it despite accepting it for all the time like they have played the game.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    this event needs numbers, active players, to gather and donate.
    i don't see a reason to blame BB for not having enough of those or to ask/demand/dream of all those un-achieved targets
    to be gifted or reshuffled just cause some are moaning about.

this was a learning curve for devs for sure.
    Theres publically available data regarding site traffic that shows the game has been bleeding out players for years (which is anything but unexpected). Yet at the same time we now have an event introduced where requirements based on active players are increased compared to previous one.

This is not a learning curve, this is acting irrationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well - it is not a matter of choice we already give as much as we can - you cant produce more than max- it is the choice of the devs to make goals that are achievable.
    ^ this.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Theres publically available data regarding site traffic that shows the game has been bleeding out players for years (which is anything but unexpected). Yet at the same time we now have an event introduced where requirements based on active players are increased compared to previous one.

This is not a learning curve, this is acting irrationally.

^ this.
    i would like to see those numbers too if you don't mind sharing a link of some sort.

as i said before: like it or not, we do what we can or like to.

seeing that we have so many players in here spitting left and right that this is wrong or unachievable,
    i have not seen much chatter during or half way into the stages claiming that this won't happen.

was it a drop in players interest?
    was it a glitch in counting balloons globally?
    was it a cock-up in forecasting production/loot?

there's your learning curve of which BB was aware days before stage two was about to end.
    they told us what's what there and then.

and what did we all do. spread it out a bit and then kept poncing about with individual gains, loot/xp, thinking and spreading that it won't fail.

stage 1 ended 2 days early. how much production was there and how much loot ?
    stage 1-10 was first ended in 3-4 days time i believe. that's a 1 day max production of balloons ,
    2k (looking over wiki rewards, can't remember what else was involved)

whomever done first week i believe they kept on playing 2nd one too, hence the production, storing and counting or miscounting that BB made.

i really don't see the irrational bit into this.but only a glitch in setting up a target based on real info.

and now, somehow, we are a bit ahead of donations. me thinks there was a bit of truth in there
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 16.09.20 at 10:41.

Reply to Thread