Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't visit adventure! waiting for ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net! HELP!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy I can't visit adventure! waiting for ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net! HELP!

Hi!

After upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 I have issues loading game into my Google Chrome.
    I applied the patch for flash load memory limit.
    However, when I log in I need to refresh flash to finish (but not to end) loading the game.
    A minor issue, when everything else works.

However I can not enter either scenarios or adventures. Graphic of island does not change for graphic of adventure.
    The only thing, which is similar is the "waiting for ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net", which after a long while displays "Uplay unavailable" and logs me out. WTF!

Clearing cache resets problem to 0 and is not fixing it. What to do? Anyone can help?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The thing looks like that. I clear cache and ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net just keeps waiting.
    However I have incognito window, so I can shut down Chrome entirely, which is highly annoying.
    This allows to log in into TSO again.
    However this is not fixing the issue, just resets it to 0.

At one time not all graphics is loaded in. Though I applied all fixes for flesh and added policy json and created special cache dir.
    At second time, I can not put any buffs.
    At third time, I can not visit adventures or scenarios. Their maps are not being loaded up.
    At fourth, all works merrily, but still some graphics are not loaded up.

"waiting for ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" + "Uplay is available" stay the same.

What is going on?
    None can really help with this issue?

I just upgraded my operative system from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04. Everything else is exactly the same as previously. Someone help, maybe?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Did you try Firefox ? - I use newest version of Linux Mint and dont have any problems - but on windows I sometimes have white or black screen when conecting to testserver - there changing browser help ( sometimes from firefox to Chrome - or from Edge to Firefox ).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Chromium browsers are a bit of a hassle atm, agree that firefox seems to work better.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do not know what did it. I had the hassle from the very beginning of install of Ubuntu 20.04. I had not that issue in Ubuntu 18.04. Now for last 2 days issue seem to went away. Perhaps an update to Google Chrome's new version fixed this issue. I do not know. I just hope this issue will not return again.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Today, at Thursday, the login bug returned. Like WTF. I didn't do any changes on my computer. Help!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you tried using a different browser?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Have you tried using a different browser?
    I tried everything and it doesn't work. Clearing cache. Firefox. I have flash memory fix-work around.

The issue is the graphic is not loading up. I can not drop buffs. I can access and use only quest menu.
    Graphics even for TSO logging page is not loading any more.
    My login in TSO page is not responding for about 30 minutes. Is it a time out of some sort from Uplay login services?
    The message displayed by browser after a while is "Uplay services unavailable".

I think the issue appears, when I log into Uplay account and then continue to load into flash Heroes of Might and Magic Online.
    When I leave HOMM Online without logging out from Uplay and log in directly into TSO on the same Uplay account, then those issues appear.
    So, I log out from Uplay and log in again into Uplay and try to load TSO and... the issue appears again, around 4 times out of 5.
    So, I log out from Uplay again and log into Uplay again and then TSO loads correctly. Like 9 out of 10 times.
    Sometimes I need another re-log or I get smashed with 30 minutes time out: "waiting for ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" + "Uplay is unavailable"

I think Ubuntu 20.04 and Uplay dislike each other for some reason and ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net is refusing to connect to me, because Ubisoft account's services.
    I do not think this is just mere browser issue.
    IMHO Uplay/Ubisoft/"ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" and Ubuntu 20.04 are conflicting over something.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it might be the same issue to why the standalone browser is not going past the login stage

akamaihd gets in the way there too

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, when "ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" bugs out, some buildings disappear suddenly from island. I happened to try load adventure map, when it happened. I try to log out and even that is impossible. "ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" is constantly loading for main login page (which is suddenly missing pictures too), making refreshing flash, re-login or just logging out from TSO impossible for a half an hour. This is distressing. If I clear cache, then the issue with "ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net" is repeated from start. My only hope is to wait for time out from this god damned server and hope the next flash reload will succeed, as it has higher chance for that.

What is going on with "ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net"???

Reply to Thread