Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The future of TSO

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    "To celebrate 10 years of The Settlers Online we’d like to give you further insight into the future development of the game. As many of you are aware, the game is currently running with Flash which will no longer be supported starting next year."
    Where are those thoughts and insights ???????????????
    I cant find them - I would like to read them, as I am sure the rest of the settlers players would.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    "To celebrate 10 years of The Settlers Online we’d like to give you further insight into the future development of the game. As many of you are aware, the game is currently running with Flash which will no longer be supported starting next year."
    Where are those thoughts and insights ???????????????
    I cant find them - I would like to read them, as I am sure the rest of the settlers players would.
    please read all that post and let us know what you understood from it

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    please read all that post and let us know what you understood from it
    and how would that enlighten me???
    we have been waiting for years - as I already said - players have left the game thinking it will end in December, and many players have stopped buying gems, and then instead of telling us something they just tell us they will tell us something, without telling us something. I cant see that there is time to do it based on the wishes in here- most of what have been put before in here, only to be noticed by fellow players. I would assume that if the game is to go on BB should have a plan by now. The fact that BB just keep stalling- makes me think that they just want to cash in all they can before they close the shop.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    and how would that enlighten me???
    we have been waiting for years - as I already said - players have left the game thinking it will end in December, and many players have stopped buying gems, and then instead of telling us something they just tell us they will tell us something, without telling us something. I cant see that there is time to do it based on the wishes in here- most of what have been put before in here, only to be noticed by fellow players. I would assume that if the game is to go on BB should have a plan by now. The fact that BB just keep stalling- makes me think that they just want to cash in all they can before they close the shop.
    they are saying in there that they are working on a solution to keep the game going.
    besides the fact that they are not specifying which that'll be or if that there is a beta testing or not (not that they have to)
    or even that they have started already on smtg, i'd take that as a "Yes, we will still be playing this game after flash will end".

it's only a game anyway. i won't hang on on what they could've / should've or didn't do so far.
    looking back at their revenues, they've done pretty well

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please give us the chance to explore, find and colonise new lands.... as far as I'm concerned the named 'settlers' lost it's meaning as far as the game goes ages ago... I spend more time in world sending off explorers and replacing fields and while there's nowhere to build or settle theres little point in buying gems.....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is one possibility I have not seen mentioned here. By not providing us with the information they are also keeping the information out of the hands of the less than honest types. The existence of a rule about 3rd party software means they know it's beyond them to ensure game security. However by not letting the cat out of the bag they are denying those unsavoury types months of development time.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I quite liked the island system in Anno Online, being able to shift production to other islands and then ship them to where needed seemed to work. Settlers Online has become more like a game about maximising space efficiency. The new trend towards large buildings where their speed increases the more of them you have does not help.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54339972

FarmVille, once the most popular game on Facebook, is to close down in December, more than 11 years after its launch.

At its peak, FarmVille had more than 80 million players tending to crops and raising animals - and asking Facebook friends for help.

But the social network will stop supporting Flash-based games in December, rendering it unplayable.
    Will this happen to T.S.O. ? "close down" ?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMalinwa View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54339972

Will this happen to T.S.O. ? "close down" ?
    have you read the post on the homepage?

if you have game suggestions, use the right sections for them

this thread slowly is going of track...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    have you read the post on the homepage?

if you have game suggestions, use the right sections for them

this thread slowly is going of track...
    His post fitted more into this thread then yours did...seeing they are asking if tso is headed the same way

Reply to Thread