Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The future of TSO

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Come on BB, when are you moving to the standalone client on the live worlds, if at all? In the Christmas event sneak peek you said:

''....Well, Step 2 is upon us! In a few days, our new client will become available. This client must be downloaded and installed to play the game...''

The word ''few'' is designed to emphasise how small a number is. 5 days have now gone by and I wouldn't use the word few to describe that period, especially since there are now only 5 days to go to the event. and only 2 of those are working days...which in your terms is a lot less than a few days.

In common usage, a couple is generally around two, a few is more than that, but usually less than five, and several is around five or more, a number that can be severed into smaller groups. Although indefinite in nature, a few is usually more than two (two often being referred to as "a couple of"), and less than "several". If the sample population is say between 5 and 20, a few would mean three or four, but no more than this.

People need time to sort out any issues caused by the download client - I know people who still cannot login to the test server using it and fear we will be losing large numbers of players.

Why not cut your losses and pull back from all this nonsense and close the game down for 3 months until Unity, or similar, is sorted and then email all the player base to say it is ready. and give each player an access code? We then login exactly as normal, enter the access code the first time we login, and get back to playing? I would suggest that you would lose less players that way than making people jump through all these hoops - many of which don't work properly.

If you look at all the steps involved for the player base the current paths are nuts. Contact support to disconnect account from Steam, contact Facebook to get a code to make a password to get to Legacy. Get from Legacy to Ubisoft using a step by step guide that has multiple errors. And those are the ones I have had to help guild mates overcome. I am lucky that I am computer literate but many many of the players are not and are being left drowning.

You have messed up by leaving the arrangements far too late and would suggest it is time to step back, have a fresh look and think again about the process.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 16.12.20 at 12:49.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    certainly time for an updated statement at the very least we are all adults and can cope with a its not going quite to plan statement we all figured that out regardless
    communication is key

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post

Why not cut your losses and pull back from all this nonsense and close the game down for 3 months until Unity, or similar, is sorted and then email all the player base to say it is ready. and give each player an access code? We then login exactly as normal, enter the access code the first time we login, and get back to playing? I would suggest that you would lose less players that way than making people jump through all these hoops - many of which don't work properly.

can you stay away from the game for 3 months?
    isn't that everyone's/your choice to do so? why you need BB to tell you to?
    if anyone don't like this road we're on atm, i bet they're not active in game or even making plans for it till it's all moved over

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    the point being made is that instead of this farce we currently experiencing ie test not working intermittent statements promises we all recieve a email welcome back guys we ready instead of this path that seems be either a runaway train or a blind beta test via another name

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    As it's stated on our website:
    So you have now reached step 2 on your timeline and still choose not to publish an intermediate client for Linux and Mac. And according to your announcement, you cannot log in without the client after the maintenance. You cut off roughly 10% of all players and have not given a clear answer as to what we can expect. And no answer at all for Linux users.

Just let all other users access the legacy Flash version of the game in the meantime. It is better to live with something unsupported than nothing at all.

Unbelievable...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it's posted already that a mac guide is coming soon.

Check News & Announcements
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 17.12.20 at 20:10.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I read that as a Mac installation guide - I still expect an interim client tomorrow.
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    I read that as a Mac installation guide - I still expect an interim client tomorrow.
    they dont seem to have a mac installer on the french servers they are not happy campers

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    No solution for linux users either... I'm NOT happy...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    No Mac client until January according to BB_Traffer here.

Reply to Thread