Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Clan Chain - pls remove the slow movement

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Mountain Clan Chain - pls remove the slow movement

I've played Settlers since V1, TSO since 2012 I think and think I've a reasonably good grasp of the game and clearly enjoy it as I've played for so long.

The MCC chain has some different debuffs that affect you and your troops so makes sense to get the boosts like Hearty Soup.

What I don't get is why the snow and the really, really, really slow movement. It just takes the fun out of the quest chain for me, completely unnecessary and so once I get all the blueprints I'll never, ever, ever, touch these again. Even running with Obsidian shoes is painfully slow and sucks all the fun out of life turning the world grey and dull!

Please devs, why is it necessary to do this?
    Please, please, please remove as just spoils this

Thanks
    Torq

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    you can always chose to remove that buff yourself
    also you can use faster horseshoes on top of that. instead of being at-50% you could get to +40%

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah it's up to you which debuffs you remove. You know why it's there and what happens if you remove it? you can begin blocking camps. It's all about decisions and trade-offs. Some people always remove it without even doing any blocks as they don't care about the higher losses when the troops are almost free to make and recruiting time is not that drastic anymore with all the additions to the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even with the debuff and horseshoe it is so slow that I often start watching the telly - doing the dishes and what ever to kill the waiting time, and forget what it is I am doing. That is why I dont do very many. I cant see myself ever getting all the blueprints- the white snow is another reason I really dont want to bother.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    You have no actual control over what your army does, and the outcome of any fight is fully deterministic (and can be predicted even before you attack, so you can use right army composition 100% of the time).

There is literally no reason why you would be waiting and watching the generals walk around instead of doing something more productive like watching ads on tv. Send them to attack, watch tv for 10 minutes, send them again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Totally agree re the snow, get rid of it pretty please.

World
    Newfoundland
    yes please remove the 'make your generals move really slowly' buff

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Simply asking to remove it will not fly. To maintain the balance of the venture chain something to replace it needs to be suggested.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Thing is that it does nothing other than be an irritation

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Thing is that it does nothing other than be an irritation
    It literally prevents blocking in many places where blocking would be possible otherwise which can lead to significantly less losses. BB literally said the debuffs are there for the players to make choices and trade-offs in terms of losses and bonus ore.

Those of you who don't like it you are free to remove it yourself by trading with the leader that gives the gear to remove it. Game does need to be changed.

Reply to Thread