Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Star Trades

  1. #1
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    55
    World
    Sandycove

    Star Trades

    Star trades are a loophole BB has not been happy about but has increasingly acknowledged in recent years as a given. Making star storage "official" would take the benefit of having a lot of storage away, so how about this:
    BB adds a mechanism to send excess storage/production to your star menu but adds a time-delay to it (e.g. 2h). The idea is to create enough of a disincentive to make people keep normal storage high but eliminating much of the need for star trades, mail storage and other "cheats". What do you think about that, folks?

  2. #2
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,854
    World
    Sandycove
    I know some years ago they was looking at a tax on items in star menu, I can only assume there was some technical reason why we have not seen it. If anything is likely I feel like it's going to be sort of cap system on how much we can have in star.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  3. #3
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,264
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuselwirbel View Post
    Star trades are a loophole BB has not been happy about but has increasingly acknowledged in recent years as a given. Making star storage "official" would take the benefit of having a lot of storage away, so how about this:
    BB adds a mechanism to send excess storage/production to your star menu but adds a time-delay to it (e.g. 2h). The idea is to create enough of a disincentive to make people keep normal storage high but eliminating much of the need for star trades, mail storage and other "cheats". What do you think about that, folks?
    They are not a loophole; they are a function of the game dynamics. Always have been and always should be.

    As a guild leader I carry a lot of excess buildings and resources on star to help newer players, to use as lottery prizes, to give to people in the guild and outside who need a hand - I have given friaries, older watermills, normal siloes etc etc to players for zero cost, both from the guild and outside. What you are suggesting would take all that away.

    People also store excess on star between events in order to sell resources for pumpkins, eggs etc and that would all stop. What would be the point in making excess of anything? You could argue that people need to increase their storage but that would take up more functional space on the islands where other people are arguing that there is not enough space...

    So a definite thumbs down from me.

    PS The suggestion about a tax on star materials was made on test server and was shot down in flames.

  4. #4
    Battle Hardened Contributor Kotugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    357
    World
    Northisle
    It's a bit like blocking, a bug which has just become part of the game since it took far too long to fix it and would have too big a negative impact at this point for a lot of players to change it.

  5. #5
    Treasure Hunter Elco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    246
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    They are not a loophole; they are a function of the game dynamics. Always have been and always should be.
    +1 about this.

    Eventually if one is able to star push a resource, then it means that player has pretty well balanced out that resource and I do believe this is what the tutorial and first few quests when being a new player are trying to teach you: get a solid economy, be it on all levels or extremely well on certain resources in order to purchase those you're missing. The choice is yours but whatever one you'll make, you'll have to live with it or learn to amend your playing style in due course, be it because you're struggling to keep up or because BB introduces a new building which requires a change of dynamics if you opt to use that building (the xmas market was a prime example of that).
    Furthermore, there's still a pretty large core of players who've been here for years and they are bound to have plenty of resources as they keep producing over and over. Are they supposed to become penalised with a disincentive for being loyal to the game they still enjoy (in spite of the regular groans and moans)? Nah...

  6. #6
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    World
    Newfoundland
    Much easier solution. Wipe every material from star menu. They give us a month or two, you can sell or raise storage capacity. After that a maintanance and they will delete everything from star menu.
    Only stay buffs, refillers, generals/geologists/explorers, adventures, buildings decorations.

    After the patch.
    - If your storage full the building stop working,
    - If your storage full you loose material from adventure loot if you accept the loot.
    - You can keep your loot mails for a week, after a week your loot email will delete. You have time to manage your storage.


    That would be a very strong, and painful change but after this, the market will be would flourish again. Because better to sell and buy, instead of loose materials.
    And of course it would be a very good step to BB
    - players will buy more storehouses for gems
    - players can't hold tons of materials in star menu to keep, to sell during events (we don't need buy gems because we are stong players I can sell everything from star menu this would be the past)

  7. #7
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,038
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why change anything, who is it that finds that star storage is a problem?
    I cant see any reason using time or effort to change stuff that works - use it on some of all the stuff that does not work and is annoying, like the sending of gens and the lack of space for gens on the main island. Might be a benefit for those who have played for a long time - but then it is an even bigger benefit for newbies where resources are very scarce and precious, if they had to build up a storage capacity if they don't want to lose resources?
    Nahh - hands of the star and use BB resources to solve problems.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

  8. #8
    Committed Clicker qawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    441
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleP View Post
    Much easier solution. Wipe every material from star menu. They give us a month or two, you can sell or raise storage capacity. After that a maintanance and they will delete everything from star menu.
    Only stay buffs, refillers, generals/geologists/explorers, adventures, buildings decorations.

    After the patch.
    - If your storage full the building stop working,
    - If your storage full you loose material from adventure loot if you accept the loot.
    - You can keep your loot mails for a week, after a week your loot email will delete. You have time to manage your storage.


    That would be a very strong, and painful change but after this, the market will be would flourish again. Because better to sell and buy, instead of loose materials.
    And of course it would be a very good step to BB
    - players will buy more storehouses for gems
    - players can't hold tons of materials in star menu to keep, to sell during events (we don't need buy gems because we are stong players I can sell everything from star menu this would be the past)
    No more no less!! exactly like i should be.

    The concept that where settlers died many years ago


    btw. my star contains what is intended from start

  9. #9
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    30
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleP View Post
    Much easier solution. Wipe every material from star menu. They give us a month or two, you can sell or raise storage capacity. After that a maintanance and they will delete everything from star menu.
    Only stay buffs, refillers, generals/geologists/explorers, adventures, buildings decorations.

    After the patch.
    - If your storage full the building stop working,
    - If your storage full you loose material from adventure loot if you accept the loot.
    - You can keep your loot mails for a week, after a week your loot email will delete. You have time to manage your storage.


    That would be a very strong, and painful change but after this, the market will be would flourish again. Because better to sell and buy, instead of loose materials.
    And of course it would be a very good step to BB
    - players will buy more storehouses for gems
    - players can't hold tons of materials in star menu to keep, to sell during events (we don't need buy gems because we are stong players I can sell everything from star menu this would be the past)
    If BB is gonna implement this no more adv will be played and BB can pull the plug out of the game at the end of the year.
    Saves them the cost of converting the game to new platforms. :P
    Last edited by Gekke-Gerrit; 05.10.20 at 22:25.

  10. #10
    Committed Clicker qawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    441
    World
    Newfoundland
    i for one dont play adv or settlers becaause of the star menu

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.