Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on TSO is moving to Unity!

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 19.10.20 at 14:03.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Can we take a break from the game during the bridge time and still be moved to to Unity when it is available?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    So if porting the game to Unity started some time ago why did the last update (less than 2 months ago) not mention the technology been used?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for the update. Unity is a major redevelopment, but should be worth it in the end.

A quick question about the interim. For those of us who have managed to find a browser that is not dropping flash, will we still be able to continue playing as we do now- same URL, same unified login, etc ?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do you mean that client that doesn't work, unless you de-install some video programs like vlc ?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGadget View Post
    Thank you for the update. Unity is a major redevelopment, but should be worth it in the end.

A quick question about the interim. For those of us who have managed to find a browser that is not dropping flash, will we still be able to continue playing as we do now- same URL, same unified login, etc ?
    I'm not so sure if its a 'major' redevelopment tbh, but rather porting all the communication lines from current flash to unity-flash

It seems like unit itself has some flash-like backend:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/462/Documen...ngstarted.html

As noted in that doc, it's still supported for unity 4.x but deprecated for later.

I really hope this is is not what the intent is (to just stick to unity 4, port in the current flash parts).
    And yes, I do realize that even that porting itself will still be time consuming to do of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gekke-Gerrit View Post
    Do you mean that client that doesn't work, unless you de-install some video programs like vlc ?
    I would assume the same or similar/modified standalone client they've offered for a while, never had issue with vlc the few times I've used that client though (fairly long time ago)
    Last edited by Koraku; 19.10.20 at 14:39.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    so you left it that long we will be in limbo for 3 months as a lot ppl aint going to be able to use the bridge while we wait ...to me sounds just like a carrot dangling keep us around for a further 3 months until the announcement that the unity idea didnt work out

World
    Newfoundland
    as a player who logs into TSO via facebook login, i Hope that will still work in the new version

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Will the temporary solution run on Linux or will it just be that slim browser everyone seems to hate?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    really happy that the game will continue but I hope the 3 month gap doesn't extend to much further. I love playing the game on my chromebook as it works really nicely on there but if It goes to a download client it means I wont be able to use it there.

Reply to Thread