Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    will the in between version run on MacOS?
    because the slim browser available right now never had a Mac version for example.
    so, are you guys going to alienate everyone not running windows or will you do it right this time?
    try running a game from the new platform. let us know how it goes

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've seen a few questions about different platforms - as we said before, we're working to make the transition as smooth as possible for all players, regardless of how they connect to the game.

We will keep you updated!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Apart from the platform issue, I'm worried that even Windoze users are going to run into strife during the "interim period".
    Those of us who have already had the last Windoze update will have seen the popup trying to convince us to remove all traces of Flash now, Micro$oft have already built the "doom switch" into our comps, even if you think you have a client that will run, I severely doubt Windoze will support it after 31/12.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by yxxxx View Post
    really happy that the game will continue but I hope the 3 month gap doesn't extend to much further. I love playing the game on my chromebook as it works really nicely on there but if It goes to a download client it means I wont be able to use it there.
    same here, i play on chromebook, and i really want to continue playing

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Apart from the platform issue, I'm worried that even Windoze users are going to run into strife during the "interim period".
    Those of us who have already had the last Windoze update will have seen the popup trying to convince us to remove all traces of Flash now, Micro$oft have already built the "doom switch" into our comps, even if you think you have a client that will run, I severely doubt Windoze will support it after 31/12.
    care to post a picture with that pop-up pls?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bet I'm the only person who's never heard of unity..... what is it ? Am I going to have to keep downloading stuff like I do with flash ?.... Hope it improves settlers....

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    try running a game from the new platform. let us know how it goes
    Unity games run fine on MacOs, its the interim period that bothers me since they made zero effort to accommodate Mac players with the previous Slim Browser. I've taken all my browsers off auto update. Hopefully that will see me through while a flash version is still available.

I can only take BB_Traffer's word at face value - they make a much appreciated effort to communicate with the community, however I still remember the old days of TSO when were kept in the dark and felt unlistened to. I'm trying to feel optimistic, but I'm dealing with an eight year legacy of feeling ignored.
    HOTFIX!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    care to post a picture with that pop-up pls?
    Will screenshot it next time it appears, put it on "remind me later" so no doubt it will be reappearing with annoying regularity.
    Windoze updates have been causing Flash issues for a long time now, every time their support for Flash is updated, it's always out of sync with Adobe's until theirs is also updated, normally have to do it manually after the windoze update to solve the issues it causes.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MaelstromJ View Post
    Bet I'm the only person who's never heard of unity..... what is it ? Am I going to have to keep downloading stuff like I do with flash ?.... Hope it improves settlers....
    i've spent 15 min today and looked for "best unity games of 2019-2020".

geeez what a handful i found

although, on the Unreal engine.... well, that's a bit far ahead of TSO by the looks of it

it'll be fun though

World
    Northisle
    Nope, not got any idea of wha Unity is either. If it works be cool. If not well, we were screwed anyway.

Reply to Thread