Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Database maintenance 10/11/20

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Database maintenance 10/11/20

Seriously BB, why are you sabotaging the event?
    Going to have to pause all the pumpkin fields until tomorrow, losing the love tree bonus which now won't recharge until too late, and most explorers will return after the server goes down just to sit idle.
    Why couldn't this have been done next week, greatly lessening the impact?
    And, yet again, far too short notice for a lot of us. I logged out about 1pm and there was no notice of any maintenance. Just got home and started things up, only to find I've got just 3 hours to limit damage before losing the bulk of my available playing time, and unless I cancel RL engagements tomorrow, will probably lose login bonus for this week too.
    This is the worst possible time you could have picked, and as usual you've made it worse by not giving us adequate notice. I sent out explorers, set buffs etc... in good faith ready for me to reap the rewards and renew them at a time now that the game will be unavailable.
    Please show some consideration for your customers, this is clearly a pre-planned operation and not some emergency measure, so you could have planned it accordingly to minimise impact on the event as well as normal gameplay, and not delay notification until it's too late for us to "plan accordingly".
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

qawpaw
    then dont play, its just a game

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Going to have to pause all the pumpkin fields until tomorrow, losing the love tree bonus which now won't recharge until too late, and most explorers will return after the server goes down just to sit idle.
    And, yet again, far too short notice for a lot of us. I logged out about 1pm and there was no notice of any maintenance. Just got home and started things up, only to find I've got just 3 hours to limit damage before losing the bulk of my available playing time, and unless I cancel RL engagements tomorrow, will probably lose login bonus for this week too.
    This is the worst possible time you could have picked, and as usual you've made it worse by not giving us adequate notice. I sent out explorers, set buffs etc... in good faith ready for me to reap the rewards and renew them at a time now that the game will be unavailable.
    Please show some consideration for your customers, this is clearly a pre-planned operation and not some emergency measure, so you could have planned it accordingly to minimise impact on the event as well as normal gameplay, and not delay notification until it's too late for us to "plan accordingly".
    I agree.

World
    Newfoundland
    very well said mate...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    it is always a pain somewhere -- please a longer headsup. I would have had to shut down the complete island if i would have choosen snacks as main buff yesterday(monday) morning.

and wasn't there the oppertunity to run maintenance with the gameupdate on the 17th ?

Sorry that it hits you BB_Trafffer3 - i know that you update us as early as you can. Maybe you can finaly convice the techs to give you access to their roadmap/timetable

greetings

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Sabotage lol...bit dramatic

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Whilst I think the OP is being a little over dramatic regarding the impact of this - it is "just a game" after all - a little more notice would have been appreciated, considering the maintenance window is ten hours; almost half a day.

Oh, usually we end up getting some free stuff from BB as a consolation when these interruptions occur during an event, here's hoping
    Last edited by zygotes; 10.11.20 at 07:10.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Echo the sentiments of frustration here. I tend not to login in multiple times a day, so didn't see this at all. Equally didn't see any notification in game (could we be sent an in-game mail?). This means my, usually machine oil 10x buffed (with PFB), pumpkin fields will be running unbuffed from 6AM until I can log back in.

Appreciate things emerge that are urgent - would appreciate better communication when they do.

Nox

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Thats your fault you have 3 hours not the games it was on the home page around 3 pm yesterday plenty of time to adjust things from your post you expect the game to revolve around your life

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Even if it's just a game, some of us has a big engagement here.

And my pumpkin fields just lost 8 hours of machine oil + pfb buff ... in the last run up, where access to the last pumpkins of the event is limited... That's unfortunately.

Then again; guess we have to be glad we weren't about to run out of pumpkin and planned to buy refills for them, until we got surprised by the shutdown.
    See - it could always been worse

Reply to Thread