Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by tastino View Post
    calm down the http error has nothing to do with the client as its a common problem been going on for ages and they dont know why....as for the other thing that happens when windows thinks there is a threat just run it anyway but wouldnt at moment is a glitch which is easily fixed but you would prob have a heart attack seeing the http error sent you into a meltdown

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you BB for putting the new client on the test server

The new client has to be launched by pressing the 'play now' button in the browser; there is no option to play in browser on the test server any more. This is fine on the test server, but an all-or-nothing approach on live servers will be sure to cause problems for some players.

Will there be a period of having two 'play' buttons on live servers - one for the client and one for browser play?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    so how do you get this to work? i downloaded the link, then it creates an icon, i click that and it asks me to uninstall.. it then uninstalls then installs again. what am i missing? thanks

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qozle View Post
    so how do you get this to work? i downloaded the link, then it creates an icon, i click that and it asks me to uninstall.. it then uninstalls then installs again. what am i missing? thanks
    there is a error in the folder name bb will have to fix it or you can follow the instructions on the test server that do work

World
    Newfoundland
    Download the client, install it, then launch the game from the play button. You may have to acknowledge some security warnings on the test client, and it only works on the test server at the moment.

The test server forum is best for support on it at the moment.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    OK got it to work ty, got through the errors messages etc changed some letters.

looks promising though

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    What's up? Wasn't there supposed to be Unity Test server as the first step? Is it download flash client test server instead?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    What's up? Wasn't there supposed to be Unity Test server as the first step? Is it download flash client test server instead?
    Actually thats a very good point

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    This is for the test server

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    So far there only seems to be a downloadable .exe client version…
    What about unix derivatives?

Also, since I'm not planning on updating my browser:
    will the regular flash version work (the current /play URL), or will the Ubisoft client be required and in case of any problems with it,
    people for whom the Ubisoft client will not work (but will have a browser supporting Flash) won't be able to play during the transition stage ’or worse’?
    In the FAQ it's only stated that it MIGHT be possible, to play on a browser with Flash during the transition period, but that's not reassuring at all.

Also from the FAQ:
    ’Is it going to be possible to play TSO Unity version on Linux/Mac/Chromebook/Mobile Devices?
    On Linux, you may have to install a browser plugin for the Unity Player.’

There doesn't seem to be any such Unity Player. Internet only returns results about running windows plugin version on linux using Pipelight,
    but Pipelight itself is not supported anymore and dead…
    I hope for a more detailed Settlers->Unity FAQ to be published later on, but thought to better ask this soon, because at this moment this doesn't look good.
    Last edited by bodecki; 26.11.20 at 13:21.

Reply to Thread