Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    So does this mean that Steam players simply won't be able to play until you guys eventually figure this out? Why will you not allow for Steam players to move to having a normal browser account, which we do know is possible, as it has been done in the past. Now would seem the best time to allow players to move their account from Steam to an email. Otherwise... "We are working on enabling as many ways to log in and play the game as possible. " basically has me reading "you will not be playing the game until April". Which.......... is really unsatisfactory. It has been known for some time that flash would go down. It has been known for some time that the steam client is unreliable. Players have moved from Steam to Browser in the past, and yet for the past year, you have refused to allow players to move from Steam to browser... and now, Steam users are being left out in the wind.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    So... is there already a link where we can download the test server for settlers? or when is that gonna be available?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I was a vocal critic of your transition plans in the past. For the first time in ages, you inspired confidence in me that you actually can make this happen. Huge effort still outstanding but I keep my fingers crossed.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Roughly in mid-January, you will also require an Uplay account to continue playing. This has several reasons such as security, homogenizing our technology overall instances, and getting ready for all future steps. So, this is another important task we all need to complete as early as possible to ensure our islands continue thriving.
    and

Will a Ubisoft/Uplay Account be required for the Unity version / the temporary client version?
    In mid-January Uplay accounts will become mandatory to play the Settlers Online. As announced previously, this step is important to adhere to our guidelines regarding service quality, security and to align all world-wide instances to the same login method.
    and

How does the Unity port & Temporary Flash-Based Client affect platforms such as Steam, Facebook and Kongregate?
    We are working on enabling as many ways to log in and play the game as possible. More specific info will follow.
    So uplay login only?????????????????
    that sucks what if our facebook login stuff same as uplay ones on different server we cant be on 2 servers same email etc.
    this really important like person on steam said above this if this not sorted before april that is not right or fair tbh

I have a email account so uplay and i have a facebook account so are you saying us on facebook wont be able to play them accounts like steam peeps i know someone that plays on steam are they not going to be able to play until april?????????????????

sorry like but like many i been locked out my account for days since last update coz fb login got broken only just managed to get back in it today

maybe you can unlink steam or facebook from some players accounts to get them on uplay bit not everyone and im one of them cant do that.

so i would like to know what the plan is for us on facebook and them on steam as well coz i know a player on steam
    Last edited by Fahari; 23.11.20 at 17:13.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I wish you luck with ten transition, not an easy task. And about the delays - if the downloaded client will be useful, it is possible to accept it, understand it and "survive" until unity solution ;-) .
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    See now I feel much better about the future then i did will others be able to use the client if they use the same device to play?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Both my wife and I have Uplay accounts that open at level one. Every time. No matter what we do.

Since the changes earlier this year the ONLY way I can login is via facebook. What course of action should we take to get a Uplay account which allows access to my level 72 game?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlynt View Post
    Both my wife and I have Uplay accounts that open at level one. Every time. No matter what we do.

Since the changes earlier this year the ONLY way I can login is via facebook. What course of action should we take to get a Uplay account which allows access to my level 72 game?
    there is a thread on this in the german forums dont have link to hand sorry but i found it as on the german server since having uplay account i am lvl 1 and my user name is different to here and the us server i am on...i have deleted the profile on the german server hopefully i will be able then access the account i have on there under this name ..just need a BB to put a step by step guide for us

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is indeed good news...

a question - if we have a unisoft login do we need a uplay one as well, sorry if it sounds a stupid question, I dont know what uplay is.

Reply to Thread