Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    I too had to contact report with the above issue, they were fast, efficient and precise with their instructions

Make sure your Facebook e mail address is current and you have access to it, log in to Facebook
    Go to “Account” – “Privacy Settings” – “Apps and websites” – “Edit your settings” Delete the app “The Settlers Online”..... and pray!

After a few minutes (it will feel like hours) you will receive a real life e-mail, it will look like this https://prnt.sc/vz6qw0
    When you have clicked on the link and created a new password you will be back in the game.

Go to in game profile page https://prnt.sc/vz74va click on it and you will be given the opportunity to create a u play account (if you are unable to choose your correct user name add a number or extra letter to it) this will not affect your player name ....now you can breathe again as all done!

Yes, those steps are pretty much it. I never did get the email amazola showed, perhaps i was too impatient, but I was able to use the 'forgot password' link on the legacy login. This had previously told me that I did not need a password with my FB account, but now allowed me to choose a legacy logon password. This too took a while to come but once it did, it worked smoothly.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks amazola

Followed your post and it worked a treat and gifts received from BB. For info the email took about 10 minutes to come through from BB.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks amazola,

For everyone else, look for e-mail at the Spam folder, if you suspect that e-mail is not sent.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The migration guide with details is available here.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I've haven't been able to log into test for a while now, kept coming up with an error on fb.
    I've migrated to ubisoft on main game and now when I try logging in on test with the ubisoft login it has my name as new settler. Something isn't right. How can I fix it?

Edit: never mind, it's only test, I'll start again. *heads off and sulks*
    Last edited by MommaMidnight; 15.12.20 at 14:49.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have unlinked my account from facebook and have received my email and set up my legacy account. I cannot migrate to ubisoft account as there is a lvl 1 account linked to it (I must have set this up when trying to do the migration in the past before clearer instructions were given). I have requested to delete the lvl 1 account but had a notification that this will take 14 days. So my question is, will i be able to use the new client (when it comes) with my legacy account until the option to migrate to ubisoft becomes available for me? if not I will miss a large part of the upcoming event. I do not wish to create a new ubisoft account as I already have one that I use for other games and do not wish to have multiple accounts.

This obviously does not answer my question and does not help as I still have 13 days to wait until the option to migrate to ubisoft becomes available to me.

Does anyone know the answer to my question or do I need to wait until the client is available to find out?

Obviously, I do not want to miss out on any of the event.

//Removed message from Support. ~BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 16.12.20 at 14:15. Reason: Code of conduct - Exchange with Support

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychokilla View Post
    So my question is, will i be able to use the new client (when it comes) with my legacy account until the option to migrate to ubisoft becomes available for me? if not I will miss a large part of the upcoming event. I do not wish to create a new ubisoft account as I already have one that I use for other games and do not wish to have multiple accounts.
    Short answer - yes.

Roughly in mid-January, you will also require a Ubisoft Connect (formerly Uplay) account to continue playing. This has several reasons such as security, homogenizing our technology overall instances, and getting ready for all future steps. So, this is another important task we all need to complete as early as possible to ensure our islands continue thriving.
    Source

World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks BB_Trafffer

However i am now confused as I have recieved another reply from support this morning telling me I will no longer be able to play when the client is launched as it will have to be accessed by the ubisoft account!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I also need to know about playing on two servers, Newfoundland and Ares.
    Last edited by Miramazzie; 16.12.20 at 20:20.
    Miramazzie

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well number 2 of the time line goes live tomorrow number 3 happens on the 21st..... so what happened to the most important item number 1??

Reply to Thread