Thread: PVP and Granite colonies

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    i was looking for a solution to my problem not a debate about pvp

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    it can't be that as you can see granite owned already by players and so far i've seen none of either owned or not
    No, you can only see those owned by players once the colonies aren't protected for 12 hours.

I know it's a big if, especially if one is almost always certain of being right and tend to look down on others but give it a try for just a moment, but if there's for example a grand total of 10 large granite colonies for an entire server, and enough players with the tasks to gather a nth amount of granite for their PF then chances are high that those colonies will be snapped up quickly before eventually changing hands the next days.
    Send your explorers out during a "cooldown" from those colonies and they'll never return any of course or perhaps one, drowned in the enormous amount of other random type of colonies.

i was looking for a solution to my problem not a debate about pvp
    Then perhaps posting in the forum isn't exactly the smartest thing to do if one isn't open for debate?
    In the end only BB know how many granite colonies are available and unless they release such figure (as if they would even remotely been interested in doing so), you'll only have the best guesses of people who have come across the same frustrating issue as you recently have and how they managed it: with patience

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    No, you can only see those owned by players once the colonies aren't protected for 12 hours.
    To add to this point of colonies in protect mode for first 12 hours being invisible, also any colony currently under attack will be invisible cause colony can be only attacked by one player at any single time. So with limited number of colonies of specific type in circulation (which is a reasonable possibility) and wide demand for these colonies (many being attacked simultaneously) we would have a lot of existing colonies being invisible for searches at specific time.

So just imagine this scenario. Colony is conquered, then 12 hours in protect mode (invisible). As soon as it comes out of protection, somebody finds and attacks it, making it invisible again during the whole time of attack until they either fail or claim it. If they succeed and claim the colony, it becomes invisible for another 12 hours again ........ and this can go on.

So although we do not know the number of colonies, how they are generated and other parts of mechanism, we sure know the mechanism that can cause them to be hard to find at specific times.

EDIT: First search today, found player owned granite on Huge Rich Colony ............ but do not want that one Second search on the same, found free granite, and what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 12.12.20 at 12:23.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    i found a player owned one on small. it was filled up with defense and i gave up. i thought 600 troops won't be enough
    also timewise wasn't enough to tick my box i believe

oh well, back to OFF it goes

thanks for your time

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    i found a player owned one on small. it was filled up with defense and i gave up. i thought 600 troops won't be enough
    also timewise wasn't enough to tick my box i believe

oh well, back to OFF it goes

thanks for your time
    Usually it can be done easy with the troops limit. Not sure if always. You just need to carefully observe the situation and chose the best route and strategy regarding blocks versus direct attacks. Time is usually not an issue either, unless you can't do the colony as soon as you find it - then it might run out while you are gone. That's the beauty of player owned colonies - lot more defense - unless they are rookies and forget

When I started with them I basically tested all 18 variations resulting from 3 sizes, 3 tiers and free/owned to give me an idea what each of them contains. It might be reasonable to just do some practice on lower tiers/sizes free colonies before venturing into higher grounds, as the amount of camps with defenses can be overwhelming at points. Although you can usually avoid a great amount of them if you know how to route your attack. Better get prepared first before you switch colony mode in PF on and then you're under time pressure and don't know what you're doing.

I think I'm gonna switch mine on for next week. For the first time.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I think I'm gonna switch mine on for next week. For the first time.
    You'll then find out that the probability of having to run a BC or SS is by definition much lower as up to 3 slots for PF can be filed with pvp tasks.
    As you said, if you get the gist of conquering colonies without too many casualties, then suddenly PF becomes smoother to complete

My trick is that I try conquering granite colonies on a Sunday and keep the resources filing without harvesting so if I have the dreaded "gather 3k granite from colonies" quest, then I'll have a head-start when PF will reset. Perhaps not enough to get all 3k but a decent chunk and fingers crossed, I'll get the rest later that week after my colonies would have been taken away from me on Mondays/Tuesdays.

On another note, colonies can yield some decent returns of event currency and in this case, I never ever set up defences.
    Not only is no colony can be defended without risking losing it, but it makes it easier for other players to also get some pressies, pumpkins refills etc.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    On another note, colonies can yield some decent returns of event currency and in this case, I never ever set up defences.
    Not only is no colony can be defended without risking losing it, but it makes it easier for other players to also get some pressies, pumpkins refills etc.

Set it up, in a way theres obvious way to walk around it.

This way people that are farming xp will have an easier time getting more points while not having to lose extra troops.

Doesnt really matter for you since against anyone remotely competent colony is lost either way.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Where are the granite from colonies, I sent for expedition more than 100 explorers, but non-granite are found

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    All u can get from doing expeditions, is pvp xp and nothing else. U won't get any colonies nor loot. So unless u want to upgrade your castle, it's not worth doing them.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Was reported since Unity combat system there is not working, so PVP is unusable right now. And for the resources, you have to collect it in the colony window to get it into the storage.

Reply to Thread