Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the unity test server

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We've made an announcement here where you can see the timeline as well as an explanation as to why we didn't set dates for our steps. Both the Unity Test Server and our new Downloadable client are set ahead of the Christmas event. Since we recently released the date for our Xmas event, you can expect more information soon.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We've made an announcement here where you can see the timeline as well as an explanation as to why we didn't set dates for our steps. Both the Unity Test Server and our new Downloadable client are set ahead of the Christmas event. Since we recently released the date for our Xmas event, you can expect more information soon.
    well where is the test server then? still no sign and from what i just read by your counterpart on the german servers seems we have been deceived

when asked the same as i asked you where the unity test server is seeing it was meant to be first the BB response was

Oh good point, that confuses me a bit at the moment.
    Basically we went two ways and put the game on Harman (I'll just call it that) and Unity. The Christmas event is already running with / on Unity and is used by Harman. So indirectly we already had our "Unity Test", although not officially.

I'll let Ondgrund investigate again on Monday. Unfortunately, I don't have a developer "here" today to besiege. It would also be possible that we start a separate thorough Unity test again in the new year.

If what is said is true then the future of the game is what you have released which isnt what we was told ...the game was meant to be redesigned as i remember it being said the devs could take the opportunity to do a re-design of the interface etc
    Last edited by hades8840; 19.12.20 at 14:50.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post

i've tried old versions of collie finders and none worked

Rather hoping this is the end of that illegal Pinky hack, what an awfully programmed kludge and completely unnecessary, just pay the 9 gems for a "fairy fire".

Not too sure about the name "Unity" though, brings back memories of that awful Mitford sister and her lover with a body part displayed in the Albert Hall.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Rather hoping this is the end of that illegal Pinky hack, what an awfully programmed kludge and completely unnecessary, just pay the 9 gems for a "fairy fire".
    You must have been using that "illegal Pinky hack" instead of paying your 9 gems for Fairy - since you know what an "awfully programmed kludge" it is.

World
    Newfoundland
    Nope, seen it in action though, what a mess.
    We love our new CM.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    BB response was

Basically we went two ways and put the game on Harman (I'll just call it that) and Unity. The Christmas event is already running with / on Unity and is used by Harman. So indirectly we already had our "Unity Test", although not officially.

I'll let Ondgrund investigate again on Monday. Unfortunately, I don't have a developer "here" today to besiege. It would also be possible that we start a separate thorough Unity test again in the new year.
    This explains a lot why we can't get straight answers from our community managers. They don't know what Flash, Harman, Unity, HTML5, etc really mean.

Harman is a standalone Flash-player that runs the Flash version of the game (client.swf file). Unity is application development environment / library that is used to build modern web apps using technologies under the HTML5-umbrella (JavaScript, WebSockets, etc.)

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    well where is the test server then? still no sign and from what i just read by your counterpart on the german servers seems we have been deceived

when asked the same as i asked you where the unity test server is seeing it was meant to be first the BB response was

If what is said is true then the future of the game is what you have released which isnt what we was told ...the game was meant to be redesigned as i remember it being said the devs could take the opportunity to do a re-design of the interface etc
    since now you know the truth from other servers, what's your next step?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB_Ondgrund posted this today:

"The client and related issues were a priority, so the Unity test server won't come until next year. Setting up the new test server also takes time and it is currently more important that as many players as possible have access to the live servers."

Seems that their schedule got messed up but also makes you wonder if we will even see the final Unity version before summer. I'm also wondering is it actually BB doing the Unity version alone or is it some other Ubisoft doing it fully or aiding. Their schedule seemed over optimistic if they intend to keep nearly 1:1 experience with HTML5 as it imposes significant restrictions compared to what Flash allowed.

World
    Newfoundland
    Agree with what Mannerheim has just pointed out, HTML5 can be severely restrictive, and I hope BB are in touch with some of the original devs because porting the game is really going to expose the bugs created during the latter days of the "Flash era".
    Durin has very kindly and clearly explained the differences between the ongoing/pending systems which hopefully will help several CMs on different instances be clearer in their replies.
    Grateful to him for explaining that Unity falls under the HTML5 umbrella, having experienced ports to that on several other sites, some players are going to struggle with running the game, even simple card and "match 3" type games have required hardware acceleration turned on before they'll even start, TSO is much more complex than them and will need much more capable computers to run than many of us have got away with in the past.
    That makes it essential we have a thorough testing environment and much better attention from BB to players' feedback than the test server has shown in the past.
    Get this wrong and you will lose a significant number on top of those already excluded by having 32bit machines and the login issues.
    We love our new CM.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    28/01/2021; BB said
    In order to give you a first impression as soon as possible, we will shortly be giving you access to a Unity test server. There you can take a first look at an early version that is currently still in development. An exact date, including instructions for logging in, will follow in the coming days.
    Any news please? Or is coming days now coming weeks?

Closed Thread