Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Where is the unity test server

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kawaman View Post
    Clearly not for you, the first post in this thread is dated 10/12/2020, you quoted 'Some steps might move a week later or earlier', I'd say, with my limited English skills, that any posts questioning the whereabouts of the Unity test server is more than justified.
    All I was pointing to is the fact acknowledged by BB themselves that project like this is difficult to time as a lot of unexpected can happen. Thus no need for some thugs to bully coders with derogatory comments about their skills etc. Clear enough to me even without BB acknowledging that. So I find it not difficult to extend some grace and understanding to them. As to asking questions without bullying, I have no problems with that. Would like to know more myself.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 14.03.21 at 00:32.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    So I find it not difficult to extend some grace and understanding to them. .
    That ship has long past sailed, The date of publishing of that timeline was 3 weeks before end of life for flash by Adobe.

Most questions about replacement of flash have been asked and re-asked for around 2 years now

The answers have been few and far in between and severely lacking details- Except for that timeline post.

Alas for most that have some knowledge of IT processes, we also know that this timeline is now if not impossible, virtually impossible to achieve.

We don;t ask for firm dates, firm commitments and guarantees but on the whole most would be happy with a status update like "We are around this phase, we had some unexpected issues to solve, this will delay it - how much we don;t know yet but we will keep you informed - or something like the current client will be used for the remaining lifespan o the game but ... [enter spin control] :P

The longer there is no information and dodging bullets, the more likely it is someone will react in a bad way- Part of the comments are unjustified, not to be condoned but very much self inflicted by BB as well. Hence grace and understanding imo are a bridge too far. As are some of the comments

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by General_hux View Post
    what is the planned schedule? because if we are all totally honest with ourselves (rehtorical comments) there are fewer and fewer people each day nd probably hour, that believe the planned schedule to be the same as the current published schedule.
    the theoretical timeline as presented before the change from flash, was that the unity platform would be up and running for this years easter event, meaning this in-between platform would go away and everyone would be able to play on the new platform.
    but like you said, no one is really expecting bb to deliver that, especially since bb has missed every single deadline set by themselves so far

qawpaw
    should`t unity be online now, and the easter event with it or is it moved to next month or next year

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unity Test-Server: You will soon be able to take a first look at the Unity version yourself. We are currently planning to give you access to the test server within the next 2-3 weeks.

Unity Live-Server: Easter is just around the corner and since we don't want to interrupt the annual Easter event for an extra deployment, we won't roll out the Unity version until May. This gives us more time to test and you an undisturbed Easter event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    probably not a bad change, at least it is communication on the timeline and sight on a test server somewhere during easter event which should give us all a better look/feel on status and how realistic that may timeline might be )

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello everyone!

Please check the update here.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    yea i r lazy, so no link added :P

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle