Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the unity test server

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Where is the unity test server

I cant be the only one well i know i aint hence this post who wants to know where the unity test server is.... this was meant to be the first thing on the time line graphic we was shown some proof that things going forward we had life after Flash... but so far we havent seen anything no new look nothing so we can get a feel of the interface... being the devils advocate so far all i have seen is a downloadable client that is still based on flash being rolled out which is great for short term use but whats to say when we all move over .. BlueByte in its great wisdom doesnt decide of this will work instead we can ditch unity... people have put up with it for 3 months whats another 3 then another 3 ..

eveyone is focused on the xmas event and the client I want to see the unity test server

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree, an explanation on the way forward would be greatly appreciated.

qawpaw
    then dont play
    people only complain these days
    give them a chance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    then dont play
    give them a chance
    A chance i am going by there time line ..

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    you moan too much about it. and it seems it's not just me

so far you had 2 versions of an app to run the test server. what do you think that was?
    i call it work towards the new tech.

calm down and eat a cookie
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 10.12.20 at 19:11.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post

so far you had 2 versions of an app to run the test server. what do you think that was?

i think the 2 versions on the test server were not the unity test server but harman flash client so none of that is towards the new tech
    Last edited by hades8840; 10.12.20 at 20:17.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    then dont play
    give them a chance
    I am not complaining, I am asking a legitimate question as I have invested time and money in this game and I want to see it succeed.

I am quite calm thank you. What type of cookies, I really like Oreo and Tim Tam

On the 23 Nov BB posted the 'TSO Future Timeline & FAQ' and then the +125% gem promotion which was/is a great promotion, which convinced me that Settlers Online had a future, that a plan was in place and I made a purchase/invest in this game.

On the 26 Nov BB posted 'Test Server: New Downloadable Client', so 3 days after the Timeline was reveled were are already deviating from the timeline.
    On the 09 Dec BB posted 'TSO Testing Maintenance' were we are informed of the 'Flash-based Client deployment', were did that come from.

I want this game to succeed, but when the customer is not kept properly informed, then support dies, gem packages aren't purchased
    and then another great game is lost.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    since this was posted in General Discussion, i believe i was invited too to an opinion and i've dropped mine

i've tried old versions of collie finders and none worked

also, those 2 flash versions you've tried are app related and not unity server. hence the new big update on test

work is being done as you all can see to move to smtg else that'll work.
    a cookie will make the transition smoother

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    since this was posted in General Discussion, i believe i was invited too to an opinion and i've dropped mine

i've tried old versions of collie finders and none worked

also, those 2 flash versions you've tried are app related and not unity server. hence the new big update on test

work is being done as you all can see to move to smtg else that'll work.
    a cookie will make the transition smoother
    like to know when they did the update to the test server i seen the home page and like many others have been sat on the test server daily with nowt changing ...i know very well the rc1 and rc2 have been app related but I wanted to know hence why i asked here what happened to the UNITY test server as that was meant to be thye first thing released and they seem to have missed that very important step out everything that has been on the test server so far has had nothing to do with the new unity software that our future lays in just the stop gap that we will be using till we move over...I just like may others would just like to know whats happening with the unity server

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    hehe- u don;t know BB history

chances of people being banned are low as that means working to detect the problem - There is a fairly long trackrecord in TSO where bugs have been used and abused without much of a blow back

But i doubt many if any will try to program a solution in this stage of the game and with the roadmap ahead )

It doesnt matter much in the grnd scheme of things, it is more a trust issue if they will actually move to unity or go through the motions and find too many hurdles and decide to run this client till end of life

Closed Thread