Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I followed the instructions to migrate my account to Ubisoft account, which I already had. I had forgotten my password for the Ubisoft account but I was able to reset that OK.
    So I migrated it then went to login by Ubisoft account login at the top but it doesn't see my account and calls me 'new settler'.
    When I go back to Legacy login and go to migrate again it tells me the account is linked already.
    So I can play on Legacy login but not in Ubisoft login.
    I have followed the instructions.
    Any ideas, or will I just stop playing when Ubisoft login becomes mandatory?

qawpaw
    try pm bb_traffer

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Tried that - he's probably sick of people pm-ing him.

Silly me for thinking this was a place where you might get help with BB-induced problems!

qawpaw
    i did it long time ago so i forgot how, but i remember it whas straight forward, as it should be.
    but reg: support!!! one should think it whas there for them to help us players, when ever we need it.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka- View Post
    I followed the instructions to migrate my account to Ubisoft account, which I already had. I had forgotten my password for the Ubisoft account but I was able to reset that OK.
    So I migrated it then went to login by Ubisoft account login at the top but it doesn't see my account and calls me 'new settler'.
    When I go back to Legacy login and go to migrate again it tells me the account is linked already.
    So I can play on Legacy login but not in Ubisoft login.
    I have followed the instructions.
    Any ideas, or will I just stop playing when Ubisoft login becomes mandatory?
    guide is pretty simple to read and complicated to follow by the looks of it

login to ubisoft, delete wrong assigned account from there. it takes 2 weeks

keep on playing using legacy

after at least 2 weeks, click migrate in legacy, login under unity and there you go. all sorted

Spoiler

now a bit of explanation about why ubisoft has a wrong level account into it.

when you first create an ubisfot account, it'll link a l1 account to play the game.
    then you'll have to do that 2 week dance to delete it and have it extra virgin.

BUT , if you migrate from legacy, CREATE an Ubisoft account, it'll link your migrating legacy account into that newly created Ubisoft one.

All shown but not quite explained into those guides.
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 03.02.21 at 13:30.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks JohnRo I'll do that.

I was totally at a loss why I suddenly had a L1 account - they don't explain that well at all.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka- View Post
    Tried that - he's probably sick of people pm-ing him.
    Absolutely not! I reply to everyone who sends me a PM and you also got a reply yesterday. However, you didn't send me anything back.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Absolutely not! I reply to everyone who sends me a PM and you also got a reply yesterday. However, you didn't send me anything back.
    Thanks for your reply Traffer, which I received some time after I posted.
    Thanks also for the link to the instructions that I had already read and followed.
    Even though I followed the instructions apparently I 'made a mistake and created a L1 account'.
    If it is possible to randomly create a L1 account when following the migration instructions carefully, then there is something wrong with the instructions and the process.
    So I have logged in by Ubisoft and deleted the 'new settler' account, after 14 days I will once again follow the same migration instructions and see what happens.
    If I get another L1 account then that's it for me.

In the interest of creating feedback, which this topic is about, here's my feedback;

The whole process around Flash end of life has been a shambles, rushed out at the last minute, alienating a good portion of your players and leaving others with a variety of problems with the new 'interim' client.

The updated client seems little better, citing the experience of a number of my friends, who report lags and random shutouts for hours at a time.

On top of that you now introduce this Ubisoft migration, the results of which appear random, ranging from no problem at all to failing to migrate and creating new starter accounts.

That's my feedback, I hope you find it useful.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Having followed these instructions on 14th February
    "To do it, please follow these additional instructions:
    *Go to “Account” – “Privacy Settings” – “Apps and websites” –“Edit your settings”
    *Delete the app “The Settlers Online”.

Afterwards, you will receive an e-mail including additional information (please note - this may take a while).

I'm still waiting for said email, please advise on how long I need to wait.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda_6 View Post
    Having followed these instructions on 14th February
    "To do it, please follow these additional instructions:
    *Go to “Account” – “Privacy Settings” – “Apps and websites” –“Edit your settings”
    *Delete the app “The Settlers Online”.

Afterwards, you will receive an e-mail including additional information (please note - this may take a while).

I'm still waiting for said email, please advise on how long I need to wait.
    i believe you won't get the email if you re-link your facebook with the game

Reply to Thread