Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: [Feedback] Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step

  1. #1
    Community Manager
    Dedicated Scribe BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    467
    World
    Newfoundland

    [Feedback] Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step

    Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step.

    The original post can be found here.

    Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer

  2. #2
    Battle Hardened Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    384
    World
    Northisle
    The guide has a massive "gamebreaking" flaw. You do not anywhere take account (ha!) of the people who have multiple settlers accounts across different game worlds. Some with differing log in options used, e.g. Facebook for one world, say the US and Legacy and/or UBI for others.

    Edit:

    Second question. I play by Steam, and I *already* know how to play using normal webbrowsers with my Steam credentials, yes the very thing you think cannot be done, because I'm awesome like that. Can I just migrate to UBI direclty that way without having to involve the incompetence department you call support?

    Edit2: Also, my UBIsoft Account is already connected to TSO Testserver TSO account. How will that imapct trying to move.
    Last edited by SnowBlizz; 10.12.20 at 14:32.

  3. #3
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2
    World
    Sandycove
    If you are a Steam user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile from Steam, allowing you to merge (your account will be "Legacy" after this procedure).
    Is this the only way we can keep playing as steam users as we do not get much info on the steam site besides the comment they are looking into it...

  4. #4
    Battle Hardened Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    384
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lady-lucy View Post
    If you are a Steam user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile from Steam, allowing you to merge (your account will be "Legacy" after this procedure).
    Is this the only way we can keep playing as steam users as we do not get much info on the steam site besides the comment they are looking into it...
    Quite likely. Effectively TSO moving off Steam at this point is my take. It woudl answer the question how they are going to ensure onyl ubiconenct login going forwards.

  5. #5
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    130
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to point out that the email stage from disconnecting from facebook can take ages to arrive
    Mine probably took an hour which caused me to send a ticket

    I now have a new level1 attached to my uplay account so I need to wait 14 days to wait for it to delete so I can attach my now fixed account to uplay

  6. #6
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    36
    World
    Sandycove
    I had to change to a ubisoft login last year as my facebook login stopped working. When I changed over I didn't get any rewards. My wife has just changed her account over and she got all sorts of goodies as reward for changing over. seems a bit unfair I would love the 30 day premium reward for changing over.

  7. #7
    Community Manager
    Dedicated Scribe BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    467
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    The guide has a massive "gamebreaking" flaw. You do not anywhere take account (ha!) of the people who have multiple settlers accounts across different game worlds. Some with differing log in options used, e.g. Facebook for one world, say the US and Legacy and/or UBI for others.

    Edit:

    Second question. I play by Steam, and I *already* know how to play using normal webbrowsers with my Steam credentials, yes the very thing you think cannot be done, because I'm awesome like that. Can I just migrate to UBI direclty that way without having to involve the incompetence department you call support?

    Edit2: Also, my UBIsoft Account is already connected to TSO Testserver TSO account. How will that imapct trying to move.
    This guide is only for players who want to merge their accounts now. If everyone has to play from an Uplay account, we will publish an announcement and provide full details.

    1. If your account is linked to Steam, you won't be able to merge it without disconnecting it first.
    2. Please check this.


    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofPos View Post
    I had to change to a ubisoft login last year as my facebook login stopped working. When I changed over I didn't get any rewards. My wife has just changed her account over and she got all sorts of goodies as reward for changing over. seems a bit unfair I would love the 30 day premium reward for changing over.
    I have received several similar reports. We are currently investigating.

  8. #8
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6
    World
    Sandycove
    I managed to switch my facebook logon to a legacy and then link to Ubisoft doing this. Thank you! At first, the app on facebook would not allow me to turn notifications on for the settlers app (or any app), so I was worried I would not get a message from you to change the password. I now found I had a setting in facebook that I needed to turn on first, see screenshot below.



    https://prnt.sc/w12229
    Last edited by Susiemac21; 12.12.20 at 09:12. Reason: didnt add photo

  9. #9
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    World
    Newfoundland
    You maybe should add that it takes quite some time to receive the automatic e-mail when you remove the Facebook connection.

  10. #10
    Community Manager
    Dedicated Scribe BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    467
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Susiemac21 View Post
    I managed to switch my facebook logon to a legacy and then link to Ubisoft doing this. Thank you! At first, the app on facebook would not allow me to turn notifications on for the settlers app (or any app), so I was worried I would not get a message from you to change the password. I now found I had a setting in facebook that I needed to turn on first, see screenshot below.



    https://prnt.sc/w12229
    This will be for sure helpful!

    Quote Originally Posted by frenil75 View Post
    You maybe should add that it takes quite some time to receive the automatic e-mail when you remove the Facebook connection.
    Thank you, added!

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.