Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Sneak Peek] Xmas Event 2020

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] [Sneak Peek] Xmas Event 2020

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the [Sneak Peek] Xmas Event 2020.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    if a browser still supports the use of flash after adobe stop supporting, will the game be able to be played in that browser or will the download mean there is no choice?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, please allow those of us whose browsers will continue to support flash to run as we are now - maybe a second button "Play legacy mode"

I like the new zone buff, very useful - and I can annoy everyone by playing xmas jingles loud all day
    Last edited by AndyGadget; 11.12.20 at 15:40.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGadget View Post
    Yes, please allow those of us whose browsers will continue to support flash to run as we are now - maybe a second button "Play legacy mode"

I like the new zone buff, very useful - and I can annoy everyone by playing xmas jingles loud all day
    In short nope once the client is deployed the only way to play will be through that regardless if the browser still supports the game or not you wont be able to use a browser

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I didnt rate the music hall has the same 3 buffs just a diff song played problem a lot of us play with no sound for various reasons ...as the buff only lasts a hour not much use when we have so many other buffs unless they stack then it might help for a quick boost

also something major that has been asked on all worlds dozens of times and BB have ignored it is what happens when you play on multiple servers many do even if its just having the test site open while you play a live server the app only opens one window
    Last edited by hades8840; 11.12.20 at 16:23.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    This client must be downloaded and installed to play the game.

Can we get AIR on Linux platforms?

Currently HARMAN support a custom, old version of the AIR runtime on Linux, with support for Wayland but with some stripped back functionality.

We will see how it works on 32-bit and 64-bit BSD and Linux platforms.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by CDss008 View Post
    This client must be downloaded and installed to play the game.
    where did you see that?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    where did you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ondgrund View Post
    Für Mac wird es einen eigenen Installer geben. Der Client wird dann bis zur Unity-Version die einige Möglichkeit sein, das Spiel zu spielen.
    translated There will be a separate installer for Mac. The client will then be the only way to play the game up to the Unity version.

also asked could you still play with a browser that still supported flash

Quote from BB_Kumakun View post

Sorry, I didn't see the question. The answer: "No", as soon as the client is there and the server has been rewritten or activated on Adobe Air (Harman), you will no longer come into play without the client. You cannot choose "either client" or "flash", but only the client after activation - even if your flash would still work. At least until the Unity version is finally activated in the new year.
    Last edited by hades8840; 11.12.20 at 16:57.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    also asked could you still play with a browser that still supported flash

Quote from BB_Kumakun View post

Sorry, I didn't see the question. The answer: "No", as soon as the client is there and the server has been rewritten or activated on Adobe Air (Harman), you will no longer come into play without the client. You cannot choose "either client" or "flash", but only the client after activation - even if your flash would still work. At least until the Unity version is finally activated in the new year.
    Bad news. Would prefer to play flash browser until Unity is ready. Client doesn't seem to be that great from what I read with it's weird window sizing.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Bad news. Would prefer to play flash browser until Unity is ready. Client doesn't seem to be that great from what I read with it's weird window sizing.
    it can be made full screen/adjusted. it's not fixed

Reply to Thread