Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interim client on Linux

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Interim client on Linux

Hi,

I have been trying to get this interim client working on Linux but it does not work.

If I open the link in a Wine Firefox 64, it simply doesn't pop up the windows asking to open the link.

If I open the webpage in a Linux browser and configure xdg-open to support tsorc:// links, I can get it to run the wine'd adobe air executable but I keep getting a popup telling me open the game from a browser.

Are you seriously just going to cut me off? If I have to wait 3 months before i can play again, I simply will refuse to return.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it's not final

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I hope it is tomorrow then when goes live

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Same problem here.

Who on earth made a plan to force players to use a client that only exists for one platform? You say that if you don't use the client for the game, you cannot log in after tomorrow. Are you guys planning to cut off all Linux and Mac users??
    Last edited by Zilvador; 17.12.20 at 19:24. Reason: Added content for clarity

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mac support has been confirmed almost since day one and has been mentioned in several posts by BB.

For Linux they don't seem to do anything and they seem to expect the users to setup Wine or some other trick to play. From today:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Kumakun
    Since Linux can also obtain normal ".exe" installation files (with a small adjustment), it should work with the appropriate transformation. A player has already written instructions for the test server, which you could also use for the live. Something "special" is currently not provided for Linux.
    Source

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    that's about the test server interim client though, not the live instance.
    HOTFIX!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    that's about the test server interim client though, not the live instance.
    BB is just saying that they are not currently doing anything for Linux and people can use the guide that some user made when he tried the test server. There were other post by them too where they say that only Mac and Windows are officially supported at this point.

BTW the new version is already at the French server and there are no separate Linux version. Mac version is coming tomorrow.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    looking at the french forums which are not usually that active there is now 17 pages of ppl who cant log in there is no mac installer from what i read also ppl on windows 7 ,8 and windows 10 32 bit all seem to not able to log in so nowt changed from the server version ..god helps most tomorrow if thats the case

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Mac support has been confirmed almost since day one and has been mentioned in several posts by BB.

For Linux they don't seem to do anything and they seem to expect the users to setup Wine or some other trick to play. From today:

Source
    Thanks for the link. Again it seems that players need to consult the German forums to get official answers.

I spent a few hours on the guide last night (big kudos to that player for writing it btw!) and still no running game. But it is nice to hear that it worked for someone. BB should really try to make an official and supported guide out of it.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    This is really disappointing,

new download client is just few weeks out, without testing at all and now forced to main game.

last time, when I decided to make a break for a months, because of hard utilization at work, I returned almost after a 5 years ... I just forgot I did play :-D

Maybe it will be same now.

I will give a shot and try to make client working on my wine, but if it does not work, I think I will see you in few years again ... if ever again

Reply to Thread