Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry3491 View Post
    I am dubious as to whether or not the client will open on my PC.

Reading the instructions etc,. suggests that the client must be downloaded without administrator rights as otherwise it will not open.

As a sole user of my PC I naturally hold administrator rights.

Does this mean that must somehow open a non administrator account on my pc in order to use this software?

Looks as if I may not be able to play for a while.

It just means when you install it, do not use the Right Click context menu option "Run as Administrator" just use the normal Open command or double click it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    So still not finished yet? I tryed many times to start game and show me error every time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by croboss View Post
    So still not finished yet? I tryed many times to start game and show me error every time.
    im sure they are they still migrating, i think the msg yesterday said the downtime would be a few hours and they only started at in the last hour or two.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    "An error occurred and the game is not available for the moment."

I get the error

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by turans View Post
    "An error occurred and the game is not available for the moment."

I get the error
    try reading the thread it helps

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Just one question, does this mean you cannot change the installation directory? Or does it mean you shouldn't change anything in the directory after it's installed? Because the client wanted to install itself in the user directory, and I tend to install everything in gamefolders and applicationfolders.

2. do not change the folder that is noted in the installation directory. If it is "only" installed, it works. If it is changed, it may not work.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    The new downloadable client was launched yesterday on the French server. Maybe this thread from there will help any who hit similar problems as they reported:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.fr/t...-commentaires-!

If you open it in Chrome you can use the auto-translate option top right.
    I cant read French - not sure what is going on now - it is unclear if the process is done or not. I have installed the client - but have to search my files to find anything installed - so have no clue how they plan us to launch the game,- of if it is even possible yet.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus1986 View Post
    Just one question, does this mean you cannot change the installation directory? Or does it mean you shouldn't change anything in the directory after it's installed? Because the client wanted to install itself in the user directory, and I tend to install everything in gamefolders and applicationfolders.
    Like you, I always install programs where I want to ie on other drives so as not to fill the C drive, but yes I read that also.

They are just saying they cannot guarantee it will work if you install somewhere else.

I looked at the file size and it was nominal at 143 MB or something i just let it install in the default location

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    MAC and LINUX users are not allowed to login any more
    also include users of 32bit versions of Windows and older versions of Windows (win7 ..etc)

I would say maybe even half of users will be unable to login after update

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFlibble View Post
    They are just saying they cannot guarantee it will work if you install somewhere else.

I looked at the file size and it was nominal at 143 MB or something i just let it install in the default location
    Yeah I only read that after I installed, I'm just so used to being able to change directories....but when I tried to reinstall it picked the directory I chose afterwards, so I'm not sure which directory to pick now. Anyways since they're still doing the maintenance I'll check later, that's why so many people cannot login yet Rejik

Reply to Thread