use BB's guide to reinstall the app

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB`s ?

qawpaw
    read what is marked in red on fp

https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/homepage
    Last edited by qawpaw; 07.01.21 at 09:17.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I read it and followed all steps several times. And surprise...

... it still NOT working on my PC - Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Firefox 84.0.1 64 bit... with all recommended shits installed...

It starts to load the client but after several seconds it says "connection issue..."

No antivirus or firewall is blocking it. The internet connection is good and stable...

I can start the client only from my company PC in the office which is equipped with same Windows and browser. So it works on some systems and it does not work on others.
    I posted several times and nobody can answer. Or nobody cares...
    Last edited by koljo; 18.01.21 at 18:30.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it sounds like it is a local issue.

try a different browser. or even, try and go on test server and see if that one works to start.
    also try any browser in safe mode/incognito (also as suggested)
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 19.01.21 at 08:33.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Please make sure to check this thread, if you have any issues with the client.
    Perhaps helpful stuff if you have hardware that can run the 64-bit client..... ONLY!

Dear Trafffer,

So please do enlighten us all - WHEN will the 32-bit client, and MAC client and Linux client all arrive? "Early" January seems to have come and gone already.

We want the rest of our guild back, and that all relies on whatever BB are currently doing to address their Win 64-bit ONLY oversight!

Perhaps you can also enlighten us on how the players who are currently locked out of the game will have their paid active premium time, active PFB time, collapsed industrial mines, and missed "free" event booty all addressed too please?

Please share what's going on and stop leaving us in the dark!

Thanks in advance,
    'Ting

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

I am fighting with this installation since December. Yesterday I tried to install everything on clear PC. Now the client requires Adobe Air - Why?
    I downloaded the new client.swf and recorded it and client.exe files in Client directory - no success.
    I am on Win 7 Pro 64 bit with Firefox 84.0.2 64 bit with all required updates and shits installed... I tried with Chrome but the results is the same.
    Before reinstalling the problem was "Connection issue".

Several times I posted about the problems I am facing but nobody answers. It seems that the moderators/support guys/whoever is responsible do not care.
    I am wondering how many players have given up the game...

I am tired of fighting...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Settlers,

We are continuing to improve the Adobe Air client and have a new version for you which potentially fixes update issues. In order to spare you a downtime during the event, you can already download the newer version here (64-bit systems) and here (32-bit systems).

Please check our homepage for more details, and don't forget to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 02.02.21 at 14:51.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    In ref the above-
    a) Is the 'update issue' you mention the problem you get when starting the game when a white window pops up telling us 'Cannot Update Client' ?
    b) From the file size of what is linked that looks like the same install package we previously used. This package first ran an uninstall and then a new install. In view of your final comment is there something else that we should be uninstalling ?
    c) I assume that we should make sure we do not have the old client open when we try to run the new package.

qawpaw
    open

you have to uninstall old client before reinstalling new client
    that means also close game window

Reply to Thread