Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MaelstromJ View Post
    Why are messages on the facebook page being deleted ??? Is it because they make the mess with the game more public than this forum ? So far over 260 messages of complaint all concealed in one thread !!
    Maybe all the crying was making them depressed?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    (I've been playing via Steam)
    - Tried following the "we've created a guide" link from the home page. Clicked on the download link there and it just takes me back to the homepage.
    - Gave up and sought the Settlers online web page.
    - Found the download link.
    - Installed, but didn't like the default location (disk nearly full) to told it to put on a disk with more space.
    - Wouldn't run
    - Uninstalled
    - Reading forum found that it doesn't like being installed anyplace but the default location
    - Re-installed, allowing default location
    - Tried running, gave message it must be triggered from home page.
    - Steam Settlers homepage doesn't work.
    - Web page Home page only has login button, not play button
    - Login gives no indication of how to connect to my steam account.

I'll follow this for a while, but to be honest at this point you've lost me as a player.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    AS a Steam user you can't follow the guides they gave earlier as we don't have proper credentials. Need to contact Steam support and ask them to unlink account and we should get a process siialr to FB accs. The problem is several have asked support since yesterdya and none as I seen have gotten replies back or reported uscessfully gotten in as a (former) Steam palyer. Who thought this was a good idea to do on a weekend???

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirok View Post
    (I've been playing via Steam)
    - Tried following the "we've created a guide" link from the home page. Clicked on the download link there and it just takes me back to the homepage.
    - Gave up and sought the Settlers online web page.
    - Found the download link.
    - Installed, but didn't like the default location (disk nearly full) to told it to put on a disk with more space.
    - Wouldn't run
    - Uninstalled
    - Reading forum found that it doesn't like being installed anyplace but the default location
    - Re-installed, allowing default location
    - Tried running, gave message it must be triggered from home page.
    - Steam Settlers homepage doesn't work.
    - Web page Home page only has login button, not play button
    - Login gives no indication of how to connect to my steam account.

I'll follow this for a while, but to be honest at this point you've lost me as a player.
    i have no problems. Installed on usb stick.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus1986 View Post
    Just one question, does this mean you cannot change the installation directory? Or does it mean you shouldn't change anything in the directory after it's installed? Because the client wanted to install itself in the user directory, and I tend to install everything in gamefolders and applicationfolders.
    I think this is my problem too.
    Can anyone please tell me what path to download it to?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    on my win 10 i cannot get it to work at all , it says "this aplication cannot run on your pc" , they gonna loose players with this shitty app .

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I got it working on Linux using VirtualBox. Not the best solution, but at least it works.

Download "MSEdge on Win 10" from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...dge/tools/vms/

This is a free 90 days trial of Win 10 preinstalled as a virtual machine image.

Import it to VirtualBox, start it, and then open the webbrowser, log in and install the game client.

There are several different virtual machine images here also, which I have not tried. Should also be possible to use this solution on Mac.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I too are getting the pop-up message 'Your client could not be updated" this seems to be the most common problem. C'mon BB..give us some feedback here

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    did down the clint , but it does not work ??? it load the game as normal be4 the clint , but then it say no reply server what to do ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Worked yesterday fine on my win 10 pro .. but not today

Reply to Thread