Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SOKI78 View Post
    can't upgrade to 64 bit now, only if there is a simple way to do that
    "Simple" if you are used to work with these things. Backup all your stuff, format disk, install new 64-bit system. You need to have 64-bit CPU. I think you cannot go from 32 to 64 other then clean install. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    "Simple" if you are used to work with these things. Backup all your stuff, format disk, install new 64-bit system. You need to have 64-bit CPU. I think you cannot go from 32 to 64 other then clean install. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.
    Correct, you need to do a clean install of a new Win10, though can use same license you already had, if I understood the instruction correctly.
    This was like the firs one I found with a google search:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-u...ion-windows-10

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Correct, you need to do a clean install of a new Win10, though can use same license you already had, if I understood the instruction correctly.
    This was like the firs one I found with a google search:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-u...ion-windows-10
    He's on Win 7, can still use Win 7, but 64-bit version.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    mine load fine , but then it stop and say after sometime no reply from game

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks Blackbull....not an IT guy whatsoever...followed your advice. Their was a problem with no SWF file in my client download. Lifesaver!!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Nnot working here yet, tried to download that client file, but it would not open.
    When will they just make a working solution?
    I'm not very good with this technical stuff, but i miss playing the game.

My main problem seems to be that there is no map called client when i dowload.
    when i try to open the game it says: this app can not be exicuted on your pc, ask if there is a suitable softwere for your system.
    win 10, 32 bit.

Any tips or tricks are welcome

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    ariekees8 you need 64 bit windows atleast it is said here many times

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    that really s*cks

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbull1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully

well have got it up and running following these links running on a win 7 64 bit with edge had to copy in the whole client folder as was missing it also copied in the client file from hades so thank you for posting this and to every one who helps on here.

now to fix the boot file on my normal laptop
    I never saw Hades post but whoever came up with the fix should be put in charge of Ubisofts tech team The swf is erased every time I try the download. But I put the download file into the folder as directed and after a few false starts the game started.... So they need to look at which files are being copied successfully.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope theyre going to send out a massive package of goodies to recompense for missed gameplay days AND the inconvenience this nonsense has caused

Reply to Thread