Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Stuck for now then till BB make the download fully functional. Same for mac, linux, xp, win 98 etc etc
    Seriously? This client only works with Win10? You'd think BB would put that information up front and centre rather than watch us all flailing about in confusion..

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Excelsior's bugged. Doesn't show what you win.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    So if you run on MAC then basically Christmas event is cancelled and you can't even use your old browser to login - think it will be the end of the game for me. Quite frustrating after all the time spent going up the levels.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    problems with the client installer integrity check .
    Windows 10 microsoft edge web browser.
    shutdown machine and restarted same affect.
    deleted all prior files and restarted machine and then new download again - still same message.

moving to a laptop to test.
    Attached Images

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    does the download work for anyone? i am not computer literate and really scared of running this download until i am sure that it works and that i can login with my legacy account with my island still intact

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    No display on Excelsior though I got the goods which is the main thing.
    No go with Chrome. I got in OK straight away using Edge which was all I could get to work with the test version.
    So far so good BUT the display is very coarse as if I was back 10 or 15 years ago. I can improve the workshops etc with zooming in but Chat, the Quest book & the friends list across the bottom are ugly & a bit hard on my eyes because they are out of proportion to the island & blurry. Is there anything I can do?
    When I tried to go to the Forum directly from the game it took me to Firefox, my default browser, which of course said I wasn't logged on.
    AND when am I going to get the goodies other players got for switching to a Ubisoft login - that is wh
    These are niggles, not disasters.
    BB deserves some praise though no doubt won't get it !!!!!!!! from the misery guts who do most of the posting.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    so I ended playing. this was a real holidays surprise.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    sure its ok for you but we all dont have windows 10

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBear1 View Post
    So if you run on MAC then basically Christmas event is cancelled and you can't even use your old browser to login - think it will be the end of the game for me. Quite frustrating after all the time spent going up the levels.
    Guild mate got a message from BB and looks like no settlers for Mac users till January! NOTE2: MacOS: We'd like to make further optimisations and polish to the Mac Client, we're aiming to launch it in early January. Currently, only the Windows client is available. We sincerely apologize for the delay.'

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, I got the client launching. But, after the loading screen it freezes on the blue screen with the tips window. Doesn't look like it's working properly.
    Windows 10 64 bit latest Windows release, using Chrome.

Edit: nevermind, after about 3-4 minutes waiting on the frozen screen it loaded. Guess it had to download all the assets or something.
    Last edited by Danus1986; 18.12.20 at 16:32.

Reply to Thread