Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Expanderep View Post
    i am running windows 10, 64 bit,and i have been trying for hours but still the same pop up message update client,i cant believe they have not posted up anything about it,
    Yeah this is the biggest problem that seems to be killing most people, and without any obvious answer (e.g. platform or OS compatibility issues). Obviously BB must know the reason why this message appears and they should be giving us some sort of guidance (like overloaded servers - try again later?)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What the hell has BB done? they could have migrated TSO to HTML5 and the player wouldn't have noticed any different whatever the platform. But no they have used a windows only based client - with no help for anyone who does not use Microsoft Windows. What a cluster buck!
    Last edited by Ammy75; 18.12.20 at 20:46.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miserary View Post
    So whitelist it.
    whitelist?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    why had to smash the old installers playability,as it worked awesomely great with something that dont work anymore???cant log in on game anymore,tried the old installer and tried teh instructions from this forum,but it gives me lemons,it just dont work anymore

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    come on BB how about a reply looks like they are all hiding

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Getting the same bloody error "Your client could not be updated!"
    Any fix, any reply, anything?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Your client could not be updated!

Quote Originally Posted by LordHORROR View Post
    Getting the same bloody error "Your client could not be updated!"
    Any fix, any reply, anything?
    I have the same problem

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The issue seems not to be the era of windows being used but whether it is 32bit or 64bit. Got a guild member online using windows 7 64 bit and another using windows 8 64 bit. Also got 2 guild members who cannot get online as they are on windows 10 32bit. Seems the client is insisting on 64.

Several mac users have managed to get online now by using the 14 day trial of Parallels. Could then look at the 30 day trial of VMware, or use Boot Camp?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    The issue seems not to be the era of windows being used but whether it is 32bit or 64bit.
    64bit might fix some issues but I've tried on win7pro and win10, both 64bit, with a variety of browsers, and get stuck on "cannot update" every single time.. Be good to get a definitive response from BB though...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue1000 View Post
    does the download work for anyone? i am not computer literate and really scared of running this download until i am sure that it works and that i can login with my legacy account with my island still intact
    Does legacy still work?

Reply to Thread