Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New Downloadable Client

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    No the cheapest way to play, but I just tried an amazon lightsail instance, and it run well on a win2019 2g ram version. I took a lightsail because it's pretty easy to log in from the browser, but you could do it on ec2/azure/google with a vm you shut down after you play to save costs.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan-Pieter View Post
    I fixed my problem by copying the client.exe fie and.swf file into the 'Client' folder manually. I think Windows is shielding this for none administrator accounts.
    This worked for me, using win10 and opera. But it's not normal you should do this. I lost a few days, weekly bonus ...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan-Pieter View Post
    I fixed my problem by copying the client.exe fie and.swf file into the 'Client' folder manually. I think Windows is shielding this for none administrator accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian9 View Post
    This worked for me, using edge browser.
    I was missing the .swf file and tried to download it from Hades' link via Edge but Windows Defender blocked it. I had to download it using IE11 which worked.

The instruction where they tell you not to download the client as administrator (because you cannot start the client as administrator) is a bit of a blind steer because I was able to. I think the main issue (for Win 64 bit users) is whether the download actually installs the Client folder and .swf file.

When logging on today I had a little trouble as I got the 'not responding' prompt but when I tried a second time and waited a couple of minutes it worked.

I have very little experience in sorting out IT issues - it's not my thing and I expect to be able to switch my computer on and for things to work. I also expect the professional IT geeks and experts to have this all sorted prior to releasing such an important update. It's not as if this hasn't been known about and coming for a long time. It's only through the help of a couple of posters that I was able to get it running but this should have been tested and sorted months ago and not left until after release for users to struggle with. However, that seems to be the BB way and they never get back to us to reassure us that they are looking into things. All we get is radio silence.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGreen View Post
    I was missing the .swf file and tried to download it from Hades' link via Edge but Windows Defender blocked it. I had to download it using IE11 which worked.

The instruction where they tell you not to download the client as administrator (because you cannot start the client as administrator) is a bit of a blind steer because I was able to. I think the main issue (for Win 64 bit users) is whether the download actually installs the Client folder and .swf file.

When logging on today I had a little trouble as I got the 'not responding' prompt but when I tried a second time and waited a couple of minutes it worked.

I have very little experience in sorting out IT issues - it's not my thing and I expect to be able to switch my computer on and for things to work. I also expect the professional IT geeks and experts to have this all sorted prior to releasing such an important update. It's not as if this hasn't been known about and coming for a long time. It's only through the help of a couple of posters that I was able to get it running but this should have been tested and sorted months ago and not left until after release for users to struggle with. However, that seems to be the BB way and they never get back to us to reassure us that they are looking into things. All we get is radio silence.
    Hi Jimygreen,
    I'm no tech guy from Ubisoft. I just compared two installations, one that worked, one that didn't workand saw the two files were in diffrent folders.Just I gambled and toyed with permissions on folders and files and copied the two files in the Client folder. After a few days of trying to get this working on both pc's.
    And yes I'm not expecting everybody wants to do this. And updates should run without this kind of problems.
    I hope we don't get anymore nasty surprises in the next days.
    Still I wish you a nice holiday and stay save.
    Kind regards

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Dont know about others, but some said legacy login work, well, didnt, was allways refreshing first page, this is first time since the update when I`m able just to log in, not even got the opportunity to test the downloadable client, and thats after what?? 2 days of trying on 4 different PCs with different OSes (W7 and W10 64bit). Front page with legacy login just kept coming back with log in and accept cookies again and again. Can imagine, plenty gave up before me. I did get in only after loading the page from FB settlers account by some miracle. So if you dont see some of your friends, expect they cannot log in, thus not even post into the forum. NO chance to even get to the step where they can try download and install client. Jeez.

For those that are stuck on LogIn reload with legacy. On front page, click on HELP/Support, then where to contact us, then Ways to get in touch with us, click on facebook, even you dont have FB account, click Play Game button there, then try to login with legacy again. Tested now on 2 of 4 machines I was not able to login from before, both work for now. Even managed client install on first go.
    Last edited by First_Lord; 20.12.20 at 15:34.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SOKI78 View Post
    win7 enterprise 32 bit
    Read on forums that client is only coded for 64 bit Win so does not run on 32. Not sure if there is a fix for that other then upgrade to 64 bit?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully

well have got it up and running following these links running on a win 7 64 bit with edge had to copy in the whole client folder as was missing it also copied in the client file from hades so thank you for posting this and to every one who helps on here.

now to fix the boot file on my normal laptop

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    How can a company claim to be professional and expect to be shown any respect when they let this all go live?

It had issues on test but they still went ahead on the French server and before they loaded it to all the other worlds there was page after page of complaints on the French server.

They launch it worldwide on a Friday shortly before Christmas and then go home. Many of the staff will now doubtless be on Christmas vacation time so this mess will just roll along until the players who cannot get in give up anf those who are in forget the ones who are/were stuck.

As a company BlueByte, and by default Ubisoft have done absolutely nothing to prove to people that it is worth investing in any of their games.

PS I hope that BB_Traffer will take the time to go through all of the issues raised on the various threads relating to this catastrophe, suggesting solutions.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Read on forums that client is only coded for 64 bit Win so does not run on 32. Not sure if there is a fix for that other then upgrade to 64 bit?
    can't upgrade to 64 bit now, only if there is a simple way to do that

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    ''They launch it worldwide on a Friday shortly before Christmas and then go home. Many of the staff will now doubtless be on Christmas vacation time so this mess will just roll along until the players who cannot get in give up anf those who are in forget the ones who are/were stuck.''

In the past staff have always been around to solve problems closer to Christmas. My guess is thye're working on this now. With the Christmas event due tomorrow there's no way they'll have clocked off for Christmas yet (and it'll either be delayed or extended)

Reply to Thread