Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Downloadable client not running

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie66 View Post
    Seemed to install correctly on my 64 bit win 7 system but won't run. I only have one account on my machine and it has admin privelidges.
    I have the same problem. I also have a 64 bit windows 7 PC and also only have one account and that is set with administrator rights.

According to the guide I can't download the client as an administrator because it won't start. So BB, how do I download and run the client when all I have is administrator rights?

I am getting a pop-up stating 'Your client could not be updated! Please make sure to start the game via the website. Also make sure that you are logged in. If the problem persists, please contact support.' I only ever start the game via the website and I am logged in.

Also, why has this downloadable client only been available a couple of days before the main event of the year? You do realise, BB, that seldom do any of your 'upgrades' run smoothly for everybody so why have you left it with so little time to sort out these problems when it's obvious that there will be many people suffering these issues? If we can't get this to work before the event starts then there will be in-game penalties for not starting on time.

This is really painfully poor and if you can't get things like this to work without so many issues EVERY time you do something then it's another fed-up loyal player you've lost because after 6 years of playing it looks like I'm going to have to find something else to occupy my free time because it's doubtful I'll come back.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGreen View Post
    I have the same problem. I also have a 64 bit windows 7 PC and also only have one account and that is set with administrator rights.

According to the guide I can't download the client as an administrator because it won't start. So BB, how do I download and run the client when all I have is administrator rights?

I am getting a pop-up stating 'Your client could not be updated! Please make sure to start the game via the website. Also make sure that you are logged in. If the problem persists, please contact support.' I only ever start the game via the website and I am logged in.

Also, why has this downloadable client only been available a couple of days before the main event of the year? You do realise, BB, that seldom do any of your 'upgrades' run smoothly for everybody so why have you left it with so little time to sort out these problems when it's obvious that there will be many people suffering these issues? If we can't get this to work before the event starts then there will be in-game penalties for not starting on time.

This is really painfully poor and if you can't get things like this to work without so many issues EVERY time you do something then it's another fed-up loyal player you've lost because after 6 years of playing it looks like I'm going to have to find something else to occupy my free time because it's doubtful I'll come back.
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    When going have linux and mac version to work again

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I had trouble logging into my legacy account yesterday, but then it worked before bed . However my husband still cannot login.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Unable to log on using Chrome and Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit. After downloading, and choosing the "always allow" option after set up, when I press "play now" the screen flashes but nothing else happens.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    goodmorning did new wersion still no work?

World
    Newfoundland
    1) Need to reload in between starting adventure and sending troops (click the general to send to adv. island... screen gets stuck with background overlay)

2) Need to reload to be able to collect (receive) my adventure loot once returning from a finished adventure.

3) Excelsior doesn't show which items you received (they just go in the star menu without being able to check what I got !!! eg. crystals don't go to star and I cant see how many I won so you could and probably are just not giving any!!)

4) It takes up to and sometimes over 15 minutes to register buffs applied on a friend's island (which is annoying for several quests)

Then there is the (non)personal fact that half the players are unable to login!!!
    It kinda makes a joke out of your pretty comments of how much you (BB in general, Trafffer personal and mods specifically) appreciate our commitment to the game.

And last but not least, isn't it kinda bad timing to run an update (that clearly isn't working for everyone) before leaving on holiday?!?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    the chat window and text is so small its impossible to read on laptop.

World
    Newfoundland
    downloaded and when I click play now all I get is this: prnt.sc/w5uvnu
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

World
    Newfoundland
    download this one:
    https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p

Courtesy of Hades...