Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgwyn View Post
    Thanks for not thinking of Linux users. Seems I am done with this game, not gonna use a VM nor Wine.
    Yes, all us Linux and Mac users (and a lot of Windows users too) got the middle finger, just before this years biggest and best event.
    Wine doesnt work with this exe file, and VM / Windows bloat / spyware 10 not getting installed here.

Happy Holidays! year right

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalokitesvara View Post
    Nothing works.
    erm...
    well...

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
    Check notifications ava, sent you my rl contact details so can try to get you back into the game

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Cannot get it to work, I get an error message saying "Your client couldn't be updated". Very frustrating

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I got in. All is fine. I'm on Windows 10 and Chrome, had the "Could not update client" message and used fixes in post number 112, 120 (and 128 helped)

I'm in global chat right now, and there are MAC players in. There's fixes for LINUX too. STEAM should have a fix soon. Don't give up.
    Last edited by Daenerys_Storm; 19.12.20 at 13:58.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys_Storm View Post
    I'm in global chat right now, and there are MAC players in. There's fixes for LINUX too. STEAM should have a fix soon. Don't give up.
    Steam wont be fixed and the game will be removed from there.

"The Steam version will shut down on the 31.12.2020. However, we are able to offer you an TSO account de-partnering from Steam. This will allow you to access your home island with all it's progress via our website. Please get in contact with our support team as soon as possible, if you want to make use of it."

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    the least BB can do, is cancel the Christmas event until they can sort their own mess
    (edited) i mean, it's not like they didn't have enough time, flash has been dead for a couple of years now, and they still haven't got this right?
    RIP settlers onlineā€¦
    I was able to open it yesterday, sent explores picked up collectibles .... then few hours later I was unable to anything else, I got a rotating hourglass in whatever I tried to do.

Now today it starts to open but them closes itself

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    mine say the same thing and no reply from bb or the ticket i send in yesterday

World
    Newfoundland
    this new client is awfull does not work good loads bad i want my browser back bring back browser

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGreen View Post
    Like others I didn't have the Client folder installed following the download. I uninstalled and reinstalled the download a number of times with no joy then it somehow created the Client folder but it still didn't work.
    The Client folder never appeared for me so I created it manually and copied just the client.swf file from Hades into it. Took a couple of attempts to launch the client, but I could see the it was copying other files into the Client folder, so the update was working now. Eventually got into the game.

As mentioned elsewhere, the first launch takes a while and the client shows "Not responding" several times. Just left it and it completed.

Thanks to everyone for the crowd-sourced debugging. I swear BB do this deliberately. Release a broken client, disappear for the weekend, let the user-base fix it and roll in Monday with an update...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Just for the record: Farmerama is running Flash web, Unity web and Unity client simultaneously. They are supporting Flash Web till January 11. They even have nice 23 days countdown timer - enough time for Christmas event. Can't see a single reason why TSO guys could not implement both flash web play and flash client simultaneously. Easy enough to do and that would make for nice Christmas event for many who are now frustrated and unable to play. And I think it can still be done - it should not take much work - but TSO people would have to be at work to see what they have done and show some effort in fixing it.

Bleeeeeh .......... I know everybody want's their weekends off, but still ............... can't they show a bit more commitment at least at such difficult transition time?
    This is exactly the problem here. Well said!

This was posted in the TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ on 23.11.20:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer
    We recommend switching and getting accustomed to our interim solution as early as possible to avoid friction when the Christmas Event starts. Although you will be able to play the way you are used to until the end of the year, we do not want you missing out on the end of the event or having to switch technologies mid-event. We kindly ask and recommend planning and taking time to install the Download Client. Of course, we will be here to help you with every step. We will do our best to enable you to continue playing with as few issues as possible and we will also try to get the Unity Version up and running as soon as possible.
    We can only ask, what happened?

Reply to Thread