Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Crash and Burn. Excelsior is dead. Add a few crystals, push the button and oops. I can see chat scrolling and island animations still playing, but UI unresponsive.
    Then took four attempts to restart using new client - would lock on the downloading splash at about the point I would expect the island to start rendering.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    All Steam users are locked out. Not a single word from BB about it. The few desperate people who post on Steam TSO discussions only know anything because a few of us players post there too. Shameful really.

They knew Mac, Linux and Steam be issues going in, but done anything to cover it? Of course not.
    Hya Snow, you are not alone. From what we have picked up so far, Mac users are stuck until next year:

''Guild mate got a message from BB and looks like no settlers for Mac users till January! NOTE2: MacOS: We'd like to make further optimisations and polish to the Mac Client, we're aiming to launch it in early January. Currently, only the Windows client is available. We sincerely apologize for the delay.' ''

Also seems that if you are using a pre windows 10 version you are stuck, looks like if not 64 bit then stuck, Linux are stuck and Steam are stuck. Doubtless there are more

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Does not work for me just get a popup saying that it can't update the client. "Your client could not be updated!" Using Firefox and Windows 10.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSteen View Post
    Having the same issue
    Client downloaded and installed.
    Logged into the game
    when i press play it goes to download page and client starts up right after but fials with the following message.
    https://prnt.sc/w5dc7f
    same here

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    After downloading file from link it wants to run a win update, -which is not possible.
    What can i do?
    I have tryed to open link with other clients such as zip and pdf software. Im getting nowhere...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear BB

You had lots of time to figure out how you would make this work and are doing this in the end of 2020 just before start of an event....
    Before you make such a mayor upgrade make sure everyone is able to play again not only windows players...
    Im a mac user, aint got a windows lapie and now not able to do anything till the beginning of januari?!
    Sorry but shame on you...
    I know you all worked hard on a solution for the problem but dont bring a half solution....

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I had the same issue. I had to change the settings in my browser properties, under compatibility

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I made it to the game but the map is half loaded - some objects missing. Will probably fix itself with re-load.

Everything in-game is smaller, so I can hardly read chat and popup windows atc. Looks like the client has higher resolution than what I normaly use on my laptop to be able to see. Any way resolution of the client can be changed?
    I had to change the settings in my browser properties, under compatability

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Doesn't work. I went through the whole procedure as per your guide three times, used Opera and Chrome. Pop up box says "Your client could not be updated" and that's it!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    so far working well on W7, pro edition

Reply to Thread