Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    hi should the new client work with "windows 7 ultimate" mine just flashes screen on clicking play, and no " Harmen pops up. numerous clicks and wait ,nothing happens.
    it worked from the chrome browser. done a few installs , now still not running.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FjolleM View Post
    Yes, all us Linux and Mac users (and a lot of Windows users too) got the middle finger, just before this years biggest and best event.
    Wine doesnt work with this exe file, and VM / Windows bloat / spyware 10 not getting installed here.

Happy Holidays! year right
    I see. This is why I can not log in into TSO for 2nd day in row. How sad.
    BB just booted all Linux users out from TSO servers?
    Where went that "u be soft" doctrine of Ubisoft?
    All it takes is to get an exe that works on Wine on Ubuntu 20.04 and almost all distros will be able to run it in one way or another.
    None of developers in BB or in Ubisoft using Linux at least at home?
    Story short. We all were dreading 31st december and here BB kicked us out from their server already on 18th december.
    At least TSO survives and with new client there will be new content to welcome new players.
    Unfortunately the TSO just became Windows 10 exclusive game...

Please BB make Linux guide too.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwik View Post
    This was posted in the TSO Future Timeline & Unity FAQ on 23.11.20:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer
    We recommend switching and getting accustomed to our interim solution as early as possible to avoid friction when the Christmas Event starts. Although you will be able to play the way you are used to until the end of the year, we do not want you missing out on the end of the event or having to switch technologies mid-event. We kindly ask and recommend planning and taking time to install the Download Client. Of course, we will be here to help you with every step. We will do our best to enable you to continue playing with as few issues as possible and we will also try to get the Unity Version up and running as soon as possible.
    I completely forgot about that. In reality they have done exact opposite. No "kindly ask" but force it on everybody instead, and zero support through the process. I wish they actually did what they said they would do as that would make it a lot easier for many players.

qawpaw
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    I see. This is why I can not log in into TSO for 2nd day in row. How sad.
    BB just booted all Linux users out from TSO servers?
    Where went that "u be soft" doctrine of Ubisoft?
    All it takes is to get an exe that works on Wine on Ubuntu 20.04 and almost all distros will be able to run it in one way or another.
    None of developers in BB or in Ubisoft using Linux at least at home?
    Story short. We all were dreading 31st december and here BB kicked us out from their server already on 18th december.
    At least TSO survives and with new client there will be new content to welcome new players.
    Unfortunately the TSO just became Windows 10 exclusive game...

Please BB make Linux guide too.
    then dual boot windows and play so simple, you could all be playing now instead of complaning if you installed wincan x x64

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Finally got it working on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Had to create Client Folder, download SWF from guys here (Thanks Hades!)

Still wouldnt work.

But created a new account, logged in, logged out.
    Could then log in with my original account

But lost out on gems from daily login, shocked at lack at response from BB. Community here are great though trying to help others out.
    Hopefully my post here helps you get back online

CD

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Thx to the community for some fixes, xmas is seen as one of the better events & it would of been a shame to miss it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i have a same problem..have u got any help?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What platform are you on Sanca? Mac, Winblows or Linux?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    it is very sad that bb are notable by their absence! it looks like so many of us will not be playing for several months at this rate - shame that all my special mines will have collapsed by then. i wonder how many will never return after this shambles because by then we will have found something else to keep us occupied. come on bb talk to us at least

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    is anyone else able to register new account or they disabled it?

Reply to Thread