Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello everyone.

We are gathering all the issues reported by you, and forwarding them directly to developers.

1. Legacy Login Issue

If you cannot log in using "Legacy Login" with a legacy account, please try this:

1) Open: https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/homepage

2) You will see 3 Login options: Legacy Login | Ubisoft Login | Facebook Login - please click "Facebook Login" instead of "Legacy Login"

3) Now go back, to the main page (you can use the "back" button). Now please click Legacy Login and try to log in.

2. Steam Players

If you are a Steam user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile from Steam, allowing you to merge (your account will be "Legacy" after this procedure). Support Team will provide you all the instructions.

3. Client Not Updated

Please also check this post.

4. I can't get the client to work on Windows 7:

5. Linux Players

The current client is only working with Windows 64x. However, there are unofficial ways to launch the game on Linux, from our players. For example here.

6. MacOS & 32 Bit Windows users

As we said earlier, MacOS client will be available in early January. We will also update our downloadable client to support Windows 32 bit version. It's also scheduled for January.

You can also find some guides on how to run the client on macOS made by players here.

7. Client Not Responding (Client does not respond)

Please wait, don't click around, after 5-10 minutes the game will load.

8. I have the client installed, but it only sends me to the main page.

Please wait there, in most cases, the request for login/link activation should happen after a few seconds. Otherwise, make sure you are not affected by error 1.

9. Application Blocked

You can play e.g. 1-2 days and suddenly it doesn't work anymore, because something was blocked. In this case, you have to go into your specific antivirus programs and see if our application file from the AppRoamind section was blocked. If yes, you have to unblock/allow it. If necessary, switch off the antivirus program for testing. If you can play without an antivirus program, but not with the active one, then a file is blocked.

We want to apologise for these issues, and we are working hard to update our downloadable client, so we can bring everyone back to the game.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 22.12.20 at 10:12.

qawpaw
    its actually faster loading than normal browser.. 15-20 sec then game is ready to play
    uses high amount of ram, but i can live with that

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    should really consider reenabling the flash version until the end of the Christmas event.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    should really consider reenabling the flash version until the end of the Christmas event.
    yes please

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Client is not running have had enough of this amateurish role out, Half my Gens are invisible half my buildings are invisible, cannt run addies, cannot drop prezzies on xmas addies as guess what the bloody buildings are invisible. this is the 3rd event you have made a complete horlicks. I an at the point of I dont care about a ban as I cant play the dam game anyway.

Sorry for my bluntness but I have wastred time and money Pfb and everything else today trying to get this bloody thing to work and nothiong. at least 5 mill xp dpown the drain and rapidly losing will to live with the game

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I followed the new instructions - still not working on Win 7 pro 64 bit. I have the required update and Visual C++...

When starting form the website it just reloads the page. When starting the client.exe from Client folder it opens for a second and closes immediately.

The client does not appear in the task manager at all.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlande View Post
    Client is not running have had enough of this amateurish role out, Half my Gens are invisible half my buildings are invisible, cannt run addies, cannot drop prezzies on xmas addies as guess what the bloody buildings are invisible. this is the 3rd event you have made a complete horlicks. I an at the point of I dont care about a ban as I cant play the dam game anyway.

Sorry for my bluntness but I have wastred time and money Pfb and everything else today trying to get this bloody thing to work and nothiong. at least 5 mill xp dpown the drain and rapidly losing will to live with the game
    I have not hit this issue with the new client yet, but with the old version you could fix it by enabling half res mode (restart game) and then enabling full res again (another game restart).

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    After all these years, it's goodbye. No Linux support means I can't play anymore. A Windows client to support 'deprecated computer software' isn't the solution. Why on earth BB decided on this path is a mystery to me. If they had a brain cell amongst them they would have developed a browser-based version that could work cross-platform. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

qawpaw
    windows is as secure as linux
    and more usable for more things
    i also preferr mac for windows
    but games are better run and supported on windows
    so if i wish to play i do what i must
    i have a machine for each operating system
    then problems are solved
    so if you cant play its only your own fault.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    its already been announced that the linux and macos clients are being released in January, they just need to turn the flash version back on until both those clients have been released.

Reply to Thread