Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully
    For heavans sake my installer didnt install that file or didnt download it!

World
    Newfoundland
    made it. ty Seamus & hades. what would BB do without you... question is: why releasing an installer that's not working?
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Can't play (Unabale to update client ... message like for many others), but I'm glad to report my shop is working, I can buy gems in the Winter offer

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadaii View Post
    I had the same issue. I had to change the settings in my browser properties, under compatibility
    Could you give a bit more detail exactly which settings you changed please?
    There seem to be 2 applications - "The Settlers Online" and "client"... did you have to change settings on both or which one?

Thanks

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylancer View Post
    Does legacy login still works? Friend is having problem logging in.
    this is what i have been reading 11 pages for , first mention of being on legacy account . im actually scared to press the download - i press the play now and it just refreshes the download screen . im on legacy and can not link it to ubi account until after the 28th decemeber .
    i want to know if im going to be locked out as im on a legacy account when i download the new client . not the clearest of answers from BB sadly

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    wont get a clear answer from BB at all utter failure on all counts hitting a kill button with out so much as a mention till its done while knowing instantly going remove an awful lot of the client base days before a much looked forward to event indeed was going be the last hurrah for several until unity sorted
    Any other company that behaved like that you would expect a resignation out of shear shame and embarassment at how its been handled
    wanted in new year a community manager to try bring back the good will and love for game that we destroyed our selves

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    following the instructions are hard as its in german but im guessing. when installing the file, it comes up with an error. actually words are error opening file for wwriting

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    There's life - it's taking ages to load, not responding for long minutes, but at least doesn't say "unable to update client ..." anymore.

I followed hades's post and copied his client.swf file to my C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client folder (Win 7, 64-bit), because it was lacking there

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post360946
    Last edited by Kris3457; 19.12.20 at 09:31.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Me too, finally there is life in Sandycove. The installer didn't even create the "Client" directory let alone install the client.swf file. Following Hades instructions we have success, very slow to start up but now we're in it appears normal. I think the installer needs some serious work. Again many thanks to this community where would we be without you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    That worked for me - thanks Hades

Reply to Thread