Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalokitesvara View Post
    Nothing works.
    erm...
    well...

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
    I'm hoping the game survives all this turmoil. Shame to loose so many players to this transition mess.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I try 7!!!! diferent browser and still NOTHING !!! Another job done without any brain !!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDeathWSS View Post
    I try 7!!!! diferent browser and still NOTHING !!! Another job done without any brain !!
    nothing to do with your browser try saying what operating system you have and what happens when you download and install the file

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    the least BB can do, is cancel the Christmas event until they can sort their own mess…
    these guys are for real incompetent, i mean, it's not like they didn't have enough time, flash has been dead for a couple of years now, and they still haven't got this right?
    RIP settlers online…

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    this worked for me thanks for the fix

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully
    this worked for me

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    go to the download location you installed the client check to make sure the folder is there named "The Settlers Online" make sure you see the following https://prnt.sc/w5nsue then check the folder named client check inside for the file called client.swf swap it with one from some who the game is working for or download mine https://easyupload.io/rc6k2p once you swapped close all reboot and try the app again it should work hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris3457 View Post
    There's life - it's taking ages to load, not responding for long minutes, but at least doesn't say "unable to update client ..." anymore.

I followed hades's post and copied his client.swf file to my C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client folder (Win 7, 64-bit), because it was lacking there

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post360946
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubu54 View Post
    For heavans sake my installer didnt install that file or didnt download it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylani View Post
    Me too, finally there is life in Sandycove. The installer didn't even create the "Client" directory let alone install the client.swf file. Following Hades instructions we have success, very slow to start up but now we're in it appears normal. I think the installer needs some serious work. Again many thanks to this community where would we be without you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allillo View Post
    THIS IS THE FIX FOR == client could not be updated
    drive.google.com/file/d/16lszyHZmzUEMEBJnUIFJm2bHQlb_eOGr/view
    Finally got there and it seems to be working okay.

I don't show hidden files and folders by default so at first I couldn't find the AppData folder. Once I was able to navigate to that it made things a little easier.

Like others I didn't have the Client folder installed following the download. I uninstalled and reinstalled the download a number of times with no joy then it somehow created the Client folder but it still didn't work. It didn't have the client.swf file that Hades provided (thanks).

I tried downloading the swf file from Hades' link but as I am now using Edge as my browser it kept getting blocked as 'unsafe'. I reverted to IE11 and was able to download it and save it to the Client folder, navigated to as shown by Kris.

Thanks to Hades for the file and the screenshot, to Kris for the navigation path, to Allillo for the other screenshot and no thanks whatsoever to BB for making this a pain-in-the-arse experience. I am now able to once again visit Northisle and hopefully some impatient children and bitter adults will have some nice toys and gifts this Christmas.

Personally speaking, I think BB ought to gift us a couple of thousand presents as a sign of goodwill to make up for the all hassle the download is causing.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    that worked, ty

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Just for the record: Farmerama is running Flash web, Unity web and Unity client simultaneously. They are supporting Flash Web till January 11. They even have nice 23 days countdown timer - enough time for Christmas event. Can't see a single reason why TSO guys could not implement both flash web play and flash client simultaneously. Easy enough to do and that would make for nice Christmas event for many who are now frustrated and unable to play. And I think it can still be done - it should not take much work - but TSO people would have to be at work to see what they have done and show some effort in fixing it.

Bleeeeeh .......... I know everybody want's their weekends off, but still ............... can't they show a bit more commitment at least at such difficult transition time?
    Last edited by Norton_C; 19.12.20 at 12:57.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am not the greatest with computers but I have annoying habit of reading when something doesnt work till i find a way for it to work so I am glad so many are getting on would annoy the hell out of me if i couldnt..

That being said after reading more this program is 64 bit meaning it will only work on whatever version of windows you have its its 64 bit so if you have windows 8 64 bit it should work etc if you have windows 10 32 bit it wont... why bb deployed a 64 bit app and why it couldnt do a 32 bit is beyond my knowledge if they had then any windows pc could play the 32bit version....i know you can upgrade a 32bit operating system to a 64 bit but ppl would need to look at that at their own risk

Reply to Thread