Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I click play now and it never starts, sometimes I have to do this 20 or more times !!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegor View Post
    Please note that they do not support 32-bit Operating Systems, it will not be added until an update in January 2021. So thats great for those guys then.

Think this should have been made very clear before now.
    The list of things that should have been made very clear before now is longer than my beard.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    including making it clear that they were going to remove our flash player access just before the christmas event and before flash player actually stopped working. why don't they give us back flash access until flash stops working?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue1000 View Post
    including making it clear that they were going to remove our flash player access just before the christmas event and before flash player actually stopped working. why don't they give us back flash access until flash stops working?
    Unfortunately at this point they can't. The servers have switched over to another "technology". In theory you could take it down and go back, but then nothing will work for those that now have moved on to the client and we get the same problems just backwards. It would also be kinda risky to leave it until the absolute latest available date.

The Flashplayer isn't "not working" the interim client is Flashased just running on the server side instead of clientside. If I understand it right. The problem is they have changed the login procedure as well.

While maybe it would some, we are still facing the Flash Cliff for 31.12. By then most people cannot run Flash in their browsers and we are back to this. One major issue here is that they are starting the Xmas event too. They even moved it later but did not implement the new client earlier??? Insane. If we had a week or two to sort ourself onto the interim client it would be somewhat less urgent. In fact this should all been done in november.

World
    Sandycove
    Thank you for many years in this game. I enjoyed all minutes with my virtual friends. Please inform me when it will have the browser version of this game again.
    Make this game great again!
    Last edited by KartacsBela; 22.12.20 at 18:23.
    Béláim az Úrban. Hát ez van.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am tired so I may be overlooking it, but they only speak of a Mac version. Not Linux.
    Only thing they say about Linux is that there are some unofficial ways of getting it working, suggested by players... which I find really sad that it is appearantly up to the players. However the suggestions made in order to make it run on Linux are not for me sadly.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I've tried to run the game everyday, many times per day, i've followed the instructions as best i can...i have no idea how to not make me admin on this laptop, which i'm the only user on..alls i get is 'could not update client' message....i quit, 8 years effort and many hundreds of pounds wasted...lesson i've learnt here, just stick to xbox games, as this bullshit does't happen on xbox....

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    The list of things that should have been made very clear before now is longer than my beard.

I can now load the game. Takes about 5 min - much much longer to completly load. Progress ? i dunno. .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KartacsBela View Post
    Thank you for many years in this game. I enjoyed all minutes with my virtual friends. Please inform me when it will have the browser version of this game again.
    Make this game great again!
    me too - i cannot understand why this downloadable client was so full of bugs. i just hope they do email all of the players when the new version is available on unity and that it doesn't take more IT literacy than i have to get it working. however maybe this enforced absence from my laptop will help my rsi to get better! if anyone who is able to get on and is on sandycove please can you let my guild (WENS) know that i have not deserted them but the game has deserted me - hopefully not for too long.

if anyone from bb is reading this then please can you advise whether the file that was supposedly missing which was causing all the problems has been added into the current version of the downloadable so that i can start the whole process again as i do not have the IT skills to follow your new troubleshooting advice?

World
    Northisle
    Actual feeback for the interim client. Not good. It now leaks memory *all the time*. It only used to when swapping zones. And the reset of general's window is worse than ever. Can barely use it now at all.

Reply to Thread