Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Please download the client to play The Settlers Online.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob73 View Post
    When I download the new client, The only option I get is to uninstall it, Can't open it at all. Using 64 bit Windows 7
    You don't run the client directly, it gets launched from your web browser when you click the big blue play button.

This is written in the instructions from BB and it doesn't even create a shortcut so it should be pretty obvious you don't run it directly.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I did click the blue button it downloaded the application, But can't open it. The only option I have is to uninstall it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I downloaded the client earlier there was a shortcut for it, It opened but when it started loading it just froze, So I uninstalled it and tried to re install it, But then didn't work at all

World
    Northisle
    I downloaded the client earlier there was a shortcut for it, It opened but when it started loading it just froze, So I uninstalled it and tried to re install it, But then didn't work at all
    the game is started by pressing the same blue "play now" button on the web page as before. If the cient is correctly installed, pressing the button will start the new client automatically.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...oadable-client

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I press the blue play now button, A window pops up with "Allow this site to open the tso link". I click on "choose application" The settlers online installer.exe comes up, Then I click on open link. I get "Do you want to run this file?" I click on run, Then select the destination folder, Click on next, Then on install, But then nothing happens. I look in my list of programs find the "The settlers online" folder I open it and the only option is to uninstall. I've already read that link you posted was no help at all. If I click on the blue button again I just get that pop up to choose application again.
    Last edited by BigBob73; 26.12.20 at 08:27.

World
    Northisle
    don't select the installer when you click the "play now". First run the installer (probably from Downloads-folder) and then click the "play now". Then you should be offeren to run the "The Settlers Online" application. If you have to browse the application it can be found from C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers Online\

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I've run the installer, But when I click the "play now" I just get the installer again, When browse for the application in C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers Online\ There's nothing there to open the client only to uninstall it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hello people, here is the solution:
    1- go to:
    C:\Users\(YOUR PC NAME)\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online
    2- Right clic on:The Settlers Online
    3- Go to PROPERTIES
    4- A window will popup, look for COMPATIBILITY
    5- in the down part is a box named SETTINGS
    6- Click on "RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR"
    7- APPLY
    8- ACCEPT
    9- open
    https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/homepage
    Press PLAY NOW
    10- a security message box from Windows will appear, it will just ask if you want to run the program as administrator, just accept it and enjoy the game.

PS, check this IMAGE https://ibb.co/HVGwfnb
    Last edited by DustyAn; 26.12.20 at 13:27.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Where do I find COMPATIBILITY? Can't seem to find it. I found on the uninstall tab, But not on the Settlers online folder
    Last edited by BigBob73; 26.12.20 at 11:40.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I've run the installer, But when I click the "play now" I just get the installer again, When browse for the application in C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers Online\ There's nothing there to open the client only to uninstall it.
    If you as your earlier message indicates in the browser picked the "TSO Installer" to run you need to change this because you are pointing the Play button to installer not the actual client installed.

I would suggest 1) uninstall everything.
    2) download the installer form the separate installer link on the homepage not through the Play Now button. https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/download-game
    3) go into browser settings, this will depend on browser so I can't say off the top my head how, on Firefox it's Tools - Settings, General tab and scroll down to "Application" where you should find a "tso" basically it is a MIME-type of it's own. There you should be able to change to link to the client software installed as of 2)
    I'm almost inclined to suggest you try a nice new clean browser install so there's no legacy problems connected. If you sue Friefox, get Chrome just for this, or other way around. Then we can debug the original install issue once you get it working on something where can follow all the original advice cleanly. (It is something I did when trying to get my Steam account moved over because I've been logged in various ways through the main browser I use.)

if you know how it is also likely you can just clear in the browser the stored link where "tso" links are associated to the application and just run the installer from the folder you downloaded it to.

Note that even when correctly installed the Play Now will pop the Download page. It always does that. It should briefly flash a Settlers overlay and then open the TSO client. And then start loading up the game, whihc can take a surprisingly long time and it will insist it is not responding but ti's just a matter of waiting.
    Last edited by SnowBlizz; 26.12.20 at 12:06.

Reply to Thread