Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing on mac

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    borrowed from the german servers may help some may not credit to virusette

For all Mac users - as for Linux users - there is the possibility of setting up a VM and running Windows 10 in it to play with the client.

A bit of reading work is feasible.

What is a VM https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtuelle_Maschine

Here there is Virtualbox as a host system: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads In
    addition the manufacturer's instructions: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/ End-user_documentation
    Here is a German Tut that seems useful to me: https://www.elefacts.de/test-131-win...und_optimieren
    Here are finished images with Win10: https://developer.microsoft.com/en- u ... tual-machines / Selects Windows 10 64 bit.
    Windows is free for 90 days. Make a backup of the image before activation, then you can simply import the backup into the VM after 90 days. If you miss that, you'll have to set up a new VM in 90 days.

Which MACs are suitable ?: All with an Intel CPU, OS-X 10.9 or newer, at least 2 cores + 2 hyperthreads, 8 GB RAM and 50 GB of space on the disk. You have to try everything that is less. As far as I know, the completely new MACs with the new M1 processor are still out there, no VMs for x64 Windows are available. And real computers, not Apple TV.

Why Virtual Box? In my experience it is the handiest VM and probably the easiest for beginners.

a few tips on the side:

- Give the VM two cores, 4GB RAM and around 40GB disk space. 1 core and 2GB RAM are also sufficient, but then you only have slow motion.
    - use it in fullscreen and remember the shortcut to get out of the VM without having to shut down Windows completely.
    - Deactivates everything in Windows that has to do with services and updates (according to the motto: The answer is no). Install a browser of your choice in the VM and then use it for DSO.
    - do not install virus scanners and only use them for DSO. I'm not doing this now, but it usually doesn't go really well.

And now in principle: You want to gamble, BB does not yet deliver a MAC client, so move your buttocks. You can cry and moan in other threads.
    And google is very helpful with questions.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    hades what's your Mac OS version ?
    I have big sur 11.1 ... I was able to get virtual box + install TSO . Seems to be wokring but it's sooo slow. I have put 4 cpu , still it's slow. Have you experienced similar problems ?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I tried the VMware option and it won't run anything. I get the VMWare Fusion window and I opened a 64bit Win10 ISO in it, but it won't boot, it's just stuck at BIOS. no matter how I try to get it to run the OS.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAndrew80 View Post
    hades what's your Mac OS version ?
    I have big sur 11.1 ... I was able to get virtual box + install TSO . Seems to be wokring but it's sooo slow. I have put 4 cpu , still it's slow. Have you experienced similar problems ?
    Try VMware, runs just as fast as the PC I use in work.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    I tried the VMware option and it won't run anything. I get the VMWare Fusion window and I opened a 64bit Win10 ISO in it, but it won't boot, it's just stuck at BIOS. no matter how I try to get it to run the OS.
    Watch the setup guides on the vmware site, I think you have done it wrong.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaduk View Post
    Try VMware, runs just as fast as the PC I use in work.
    works like a charm, thanks! virtualbox was a nightmare, vmware option is much smoother. Agree .... very fast as the vm's at work

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    It DOES NOT work on Win 7 Pro 64 bit... I am trying to run it for two days already...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by koljo View Post
    It DOES NOT work on Win 7 Pro 64 bit... I am trying to run it for two days already...
    Windows 7 end of life was January of 2020...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by koljo View Post
    The problem is that it does not work on Win7 Pro 64bit FOR YOU. It works for many others. Have you tried all the thigns BB posted in a sticky thread somewhere, think News section.
    There's is some kind of issue related to what other files are available on your computer, eg Visual Basic runtime dlls and what folders it ends up with. The game assumes you ahve all requiste auxillary files, like eg a brand new 10 install would have.
    It's the same kind of deal as on Stema when install games it often adds some obscure Visual Basic stuff at first run automatically. Unfortunatley in this case we don't have an automated process to do this for us.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello everyone.

As you may have read here, support for 32-bit operating system and macOS will be available in January 2021.

I know many of you are disappointed (yes, I also know other words to put here) with this situation and I fully understand it. We're working hard to roll out this update as soon as possible so you can play on macOS or 32-bit system again until our Unity version is available. Once we complete the transition you will be able to play again from your web browser.

Your feedback is regularly sent to the development team.

Reply to Thread