Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Playing on mac

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone.

As you may have read here, support for 32-bit operating system and macOS will be available in January 2021.

I know many of you are disappointed (yes, I also know other words to put here) with this situation and I fully understand it. We're working hard to roll out this update as soon as possible so you can play on macOS or 32-bit system again until our Unity version is available. Once we complete the transition you will be able to play again from your web browser.

Your feedback is regularly sent to the development team.
    What's going to happen about us missing the Christmas event? About the months of premium and PFBs going to waste?
    What is going to make me want to log in again after BB has made it clear that they don't care about the community here?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone.

As you may have read here, support for 32-bit operating system and macOS will be available in January 2021.

I know many of you are disappointed (yes, I also know other words to put here) with this situation and I fully understand it. We're working hard to roll out this update as soon as possible so you can play on macOS or 32-bit system again until our Unity version is available. Once we complete the transition you will be able to play again from your web browser.

Your feedback is regularly sent to the development team.
    Seeing we are now at mid January, is there any sort of update as to where the MacOS release is up to? I don't want to think it, but I feel that on the current schedule, the Easter event will launch before Mac users receive any attention. Even a simple "We're making progress, and are yet to have a release date, but are making progress" is better than no communication at all. I appreciate you've been responding where you can Traff, and understand you're only able to tell us what you've been told. Any frustration appearing in this isn't directed your way, but toward the lack of communication from the dev team. Perhaps a nudge to those upstairs on an update may be required?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    15 Jan 2021. Any news re. regarding playing on MACOS?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    You know, i don't understand this... u had as i know 3-4 months to solve this, what prograammer working for u they couldn't do the mac client? people spending money here to enjoy the game and thousends missed the event 'cuz u sleeping? Or please explain to us. least start to think about how u will compensate people because 100 gem and a geologist not giong to be enough................

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i would say with a bit of luck, Mac users will be able to play come easter, and i'm being optimistic, given the immense lack of competence on bb's programmers part, and since even the windows version has problems, i would say that what i've just said is not that big of a stretch to imagine, plus, early january is out the window, so, you can see where this is all going…

i for one, and like many other have stated before me, believe bb owes Mac users not only an apology, but compensation (we lost so far, at the very least 400 gems, and a couple of new buildings and or new gens) for us missing the christmas event, because yes, the christmas event could have been played using the old flash version of the game and because bb said there would be a Mac version of the game upon release of the new version.

and no BB_Trafffer, you guys are not working hard to roll out anything as soon as possible, because working hard would have been before the release, now, is just doing something you owe and are behind on delivering it…

this is starting to look like a another cyberpunk

maybe bb or even ubisoft should be sued for this, maybe that would teach them not to promise something just to leave people hanging, we have politicians to do that, we dont need the gaming community to do it aswell.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB knows exactly how many people are playing with Macs, Linux, or 32bit Windows installs because the TSO site should be capturing that information when you log in. It's trivial to have a tracker that records the OS and browser version in the log-in flow. They knew how many players this would affect and went ahead with this 'upgrade' anyway.

Also, it's been exactly a month since the last news on the TSO main page, and there are no updates or acknowledgements about the progress for nonWin64 players.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Christmas event is gone, the Valentines event should not be far away, does this mean all non win64 players are going to miss yet another event?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    Christmas event is gone, the Valentines event should not be far away, does this mean all non win64 players are going to miss yet another event?
    Hya limal. Have a check and see if your PC will support 64 bit versions of Windows as many machines were installed with 32 bit even though 64 would work. If it will take 64 bit then why not move the PC from 32 to 64?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    I know many of you are waiting for an exact update date for Mac OS and Win 32-bit support. As soon as everything is set, we will announce it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    So what happened to 'early January'?

Reply to Thread