Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing on mac

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    That won't get you through the event, even if you wait until the 21st to start it. Additionally, it's optimised to work with popular Windows apps like the Office suite and doesn't offer compatibility with less well supported apps. As the downloadable client doesn't even work on many Windows installs, I'm not confident that Parallels will handle it.
    Agree re time sclae but gets them online for now while find an alternative. And does work, got 2 in guild using it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Yes it works, got 2 online using it.
    if i seen right earlier you can pay for that as a monthly subscription cant you? if so not ideal but better pay for a month or two then seat being annoyed (polite term)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    if i seen right earlier you can pay for that as a monthly subscription cant you? if so not ideal but better pay for a month or two then seat being annoyed (polite term)
    From what I see it is an annual subscription, the monthly figure is what it costs per month

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    thanks if parallels works looks like a option will wait a couple of days see if BB come back with anything. dont hold any hope they will fix this in jan so could cost £70 pounds

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    There should be some free alternatives to Parallels (virtualbox?), you can also run windows 10 without a license for quite a long time (with restrictions, but those don't matter if you only plan to use it for settlers online).

Adobe air is meant to be cross platform, the windows exe file is just the way the files have been packaged together, it should be really easy for a mac/linux client to be packaged in the same way.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorina_Reese View Post
    Yeah, I am gutted. All these promises and they don't even leave the option for mac users to play at least until end of year and get part of the event benefits. Nope. Nada. All Mac users just left hanging.
    Yup, totally agree. They should have at least left open the browser option until the death of Flash.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Download the 14 day free trial of parallels?
    That will only allow the VM. You then have to download a Windows OS.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Disgusted, why not release the Mac download asit is now and let us test it for you. If it crashes now and again, we can probably live with that. Come on guys get your act together.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down Very disappointed

I am very disappointed that us Mac users will not be able to play, I was looking forward to playing the Christmas event, I have put a lot of time and money into this game and think that we have been let down.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkies2013 View Post
    That will only allow the VM. You then have to download a Windows OS.
    Comes with win 10

Reply to Thread