Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing on mac

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks a lot, with so much time spent here, some real money spent here all of the sudden i can't play. Im not sure if I come back. Thats not a way you treat customers. Sorry guild but BB won't let me play anymore....

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't see why, as a MAC user, I should set up a Windows virtual machine, the effort to make it work on all platforms should have been made. Not sure if this was their aim but I really am not sure if I can be bothered to play anymore - maybe it is about time I found a similar game that is supported.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    come on BB give us some answers they are all hiding now

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lets face it, they are not going to revert, as it would die in 13 days - its a goodbye from me after almost 9 years of logging in every day

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have to say, as a Mac user, this update has taken me completely by surprise. It now seems all Mac users will have to wait until January 2021 before a Mac client is released, and this is not even guaranteed. We will also now miss out on this Christmas Settlers festivities. Deeply disappointed in the support teams here, do they not realise that there are a lot of Mac users that like to play this game. Please provide your support and complain if you are also a Mac user that plays Settlers online. Thanks.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Download the 14 day free trial of parallels?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    So far all these "hacks" have proven not to work and there's no real update from BB. I am deeply disappointed and even more so saddened to say they probably made this the end of the game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Download the 14 day free trial of parallels?
    That won't get you through the event, even if you wait until the 21st to start it. Additionally, it's optimised to work with popular Windows apps like the Office suite and doesn't offer compatibility with less well supported apps. As the downloadable client doesn't even work on many Windows installs, I'm not confident that Parallels will handle it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    is there any chance parallels will work to run the game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinblack View Post
    is there any chance parallels will work to run the game
    Yes it works, got 2 online using it.

Reply to Thread