Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing on mac

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Playing on mac

So I won't be able to play until you guys come up with a mac-supported version of the game? Why didn't you tell us that before? All this time and effort for a game I might not be able to continue playing. If you made it work for Microsoft, you should have been able to do the same for Mac. So disappointing and frustrating.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/38014

you can read it here when mac client is happening

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    They've had all this time, why ruin it for mac users? My whole progress will be gone, not to mention I'll miss the event. Not sure what to expect of this game anymore.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    NOTE2: MacOS: We'd like to make further optimisations and polish to the Mac Client, we're aiming to launch it in early January. Currently, only the Windows client is available. We sincerely apologize for the delay.

that means no game for 2-3 weeks for Mac users, just when event starts. What if someone just bought gems to buy something during event ? I agree with jonahs_c that's not the way they should communicate with us.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    There was no proper communication about it and, to be honest, no proper effort. They waited to find out the mac version isn't ready on the day we switch to the new client? There isn't even an exact date of when this will get solved. We all know this is a maintenance game, and the fact that there's an event soon, just kills the whole game for me.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    No idea if this helps anyone at all but maybe someone who has a mac can look and see ..

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ho...n-mac-3660718/

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Up till this afternoon the Mac version was promised for todays release until they suddenly changed the post

People asked for a Mac versions weeks ago when the new client hit test server and it was only for Windows so they had time but now it seems they did not properly test it and leave for the holidays

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I tried to download wine but getting this error
    0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"Z:\\Users\\xxxxx\\Downloads\\The Settlers Online Installer.exe" not supported on this system
    will dig more into this but my bigsur os can be a challenge as wine is supported only up to catalina version

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, I am gutted. All these promises and they don't even leave the option for mac users to play at least until end of year and get part of the event benefits. Nope. Nada. All Mac users just left hanging.

World
    Newfoundland
    Use a VM for now like Parallels until a client is available in Jan

Reply to Thread