Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Roll back

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    agree, even after the flash deadline, we can still use the old browser + flash version, I've been using chrome v49 (included flash v21) and it works very well

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    U've just ruined our game and before Christmas event! Great work Ubisoft, again

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I would not vote for roll back, but for dual play. One button to play with browser, another to play with client. It should not be that difficult as both systems are there, just make them both available by adding another button to PLAY.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I would not vote for roll back, but for dual play. One button to play with browser, another to play with client. It should not be that difficult as both systems are there, just make them both available by adding another button to PLAY.
    This... Because from all official previous annoucements there was no warning the game would stop being browser, even in one of the faqs you guys said if the browsers allowed it we would probably be able to keep going for a while. i know this was not a promise, but if you gonna cut the cord radicaly at least give us until the 31th and make a proper annoucement.

i was planning on taking a break on the end of the year until the game is fully working as it s supposed, and i was working on that timeline, i was preparing my island for that, now all of the sudden many of the things i would like to stop, to prevent destrying them won't be.

i can understand the stand of client only but not before a clear warning about that a week or so beforehand.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    @Fanfas: Dual play was original plan: (quoted from TSO Timeline)

We recommend switching and getting accustomed to our interim solution as early as possible to avoid friction when the Christmas Event starts. Although you will be able to play the way you are used to until the end of the year, we do not want you missing out on the end of the event or having to switch technologies mid-event. We kindly ask and recommend planning and taking time to install the Download Client. Of course, we will be here to help you with every step. We will do our best to enable you to continue playing with as few issues as possible and we will also try to get the Unity Version up and running as soon as possible.
    In fact once enabled it could go on even longer, not just end of the year. Till January 11 at least, and even beyond that. But by that time client could be sorted for everyone.

Reply to Thread