Reply to Thread

Thread: Collectibles Finder Friend's Buff

World
    Newfoundland

Collectibles Finder Friend's Buff

Hi,

Even though a certain extension used to collect collectables was clearly forbidden, it is amazing the amount of players recently asking in public channels why it is no longer working, while not realising the current client is not a browser...

If one doesn't have enough spring parks to activate regularly the buff in there to highlight the collectables on an island for 5 minutes when they spawn, or is not keen on spending 9 gems for the fairy fire in the black market tab of the merchant (letters from the Excelsior will reward 50 gems so one can purchase plenty fairy fires from a simple completed letter, but ok) or simply have their OCD kicking in at having to collect them all "simply because", then why not introducing the possibility to make a collectables buff but with a twist?

Say it takes herbs, adamantium ore or any other simple stuff to create that buff (in whichever building, I dont care although I'd suggest the harbor as it is otherwise a totally useless building) and that buff once made, can only be used to highlight collies on a friend's island for a minute or two? Perhaps with a cooldown of 12 hours although I'm not sure how it would be possible to register that? It has to have a catch otherwise it would make the fairy fire redundant and BB won't want that.

One helps a friend/guildie out and can only hope for a return at some point. Isn't that a bit of the TSO spirit?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I just use the program that's allowed and exist on German forums linked to find collectibles. It's not as good but it helps and with Fairy Dust it's not that bad to find all colelctiles.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    just make collectables easier to see. a little brighter or bigger perhaps?

even when highlighted I still can't find them and i'm sure there are plenty of other players with poor eyesight. This game suits the more mature player and everyone's eyesight deteriorates over time. I cant even distinguish 1 building from another!

World
    Northisle
    The annoying part with marked collectibles is that it doesn't actually show you all collectibles from the start. You have to find some of them for the rest to reveal themselves. Even the highlights won't actually help if it's just plain hidden.

I have had the situation that other people have marked them but I couldn't yet see them. Then I find one sneaky and suddenly in the plain open grass there is one with an arrow on it. It was not there before.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    I have had the situation that other people have marked them but I couldn't yet see them. Then I find one sneaky and suddenly in the plain open grass there is one with an arrow on it. It was not there before.
    Isn't it the simple and usual case of lag which can be resolved by quickly visiting a friend's island before switching back home?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Isn't it the simple and usual case of lag which can be resolved by quickly visiting a friend's island before switching back home?
    No it's not lag.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    when collectables are highlighted perhaps bb could actually make them highlighted.. how about a bright yellow or red arrow?.. pink or green, anything but dull blue!

a tiny dull blue triangle is not what i would call highlighted, in fact the original (almost invisible) collectable is just as easy to spot. The only reason no 1 has made suggestions about this issue in the past is because we were ALL using the aforementioned extension.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 24.12.20 at 09:38.

qawpaw
    i don't i
    there is no problem seeing them
    there is a zoom function

World
    Sandycove
    Even though a certain extension used to collect collectables was clearly forbidden, it is amazing the amount of players recently asking in public channels why it is no longer working, while not realising the current client is not a browser...
    Yeah this surprised me too, there have been quite a lot of naughty players ... you bad boys and girls!
    Its been part of my game since they introduced them and something to do in my coffee break. Even with all my forests and extra trees and deco's , I still find all of them most days, annoying as some can be. The suddenly appearing ones that were not there before does happen, whilst initially I thought that this might be a devious plan by the devs .... I realise with everything else that they do ... this level of coding sneakyness to buy a fairy fire is well beyond them. It is probably due to a loading error on the video side which then gets refreshed as you move around the island. ( This is my theory and I'm sticking to it, as the alternative is I'm going doodle ally Lol ).
    I've not changed my island to any extent, the last major change was when the mag residence was introduced. I know pretty much where collies are likely to spawn and where they have never spawned so pay attention to those areas or not as history dictates. I mouse over the areas firstly at level four zoom ( 4 clicks of mouse wheel ) Then if there is still one or two missing I go full zoom and visually look as well as mouse over. Just to add a little spice I try to do it all within a marble search and also refuse to click on that red weekly failed annoying distraction till it goes blue from collecting all .... that really makes the finding the last one teeth grindingly annoying for me once a week Lol.
    I didn't even know about the `cheat' programs till a few weeks back, would I have used them? no, whats the point ? Its a game, either do it or don't. I make it part of my game so it would be stupid for me to `cheat' at it. I know others that only click on a few as they see them but don't see it as part of their game, the in game reward for collecting all of them isn't game breaking is it? For events there maybe a need to put some effort in but really isn't that the point or do you all expect to get everything handed to you on a plate? I understand that it is difficult for those that are visibly impaired, I'm not a young chicken myself ! But, finding all the collectables is only part of the game ... if you make it so. And I am sure you have friends on your lists or in guild members who thrive on finding them if you ask, you know the type, steely eyed, determined, slightly flakey. so why cheat, just ask.
    For all you out there, especially on Sandy, (you know who you are), that have been asking about finding collies in chat since the move to the client ... I'm very disappointed in you LMAO
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    just make collectables easier to see. a little brighter or bigger perhaps?

even when highlighted I still can't find them and i'm sure there are plenty of other players with poor eyesight. This game suits the more mature player and everyone's eyesight deteriorates over time. I cant even distinguish 1 building from another!
    I agree, not only collectibles are often hidden behind buildings or trees, kettles, barrels, sacks, seems to be designed to blend in background

Reply to Thread