Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

nixplay
    try following first troubleshooting tip here : https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...oadable-client

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ah I haven't screwed it up then...thought it was just me that was getting all those stupid messages cos I accidentally downladed the client again. I have noticed something...that swf. file that caused the troubled before ( an adobe flash file) has been switched to play with gom player ( least on my pc it has) wonder if this has happened to others who deleted adobe ( as recommended) and that swf file has now become unworkable ??

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ive tried the swf file fix its not working this time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    try following first troubleshooting tip here : https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...oadable-client

I have tried this and even uninstalled TSO and reinstalled to no effect. It was working ok for me yesterday, but it seems the update has changed something and now I can't log in. Is this the case for everyone?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the reports.

Forwarded to our development team, which is now on it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    well thats whats happening to me.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyIslander View Post

I have tried this and even uninstalled TSO and reinstalled to no effect. It was working ok for me yesterday, but it seems the update has changed something and now I can't log in. Is this the case for everyone?
    Yeah that is exactly what has happened to me, I've tried the total reinstall but no luck, also the issue troubleshooting in the same thread. I'm a little worried that the client.swf file that is mentioned there is from the 'original' fix and may now have changed. Is it possible anyone who has got a system that is working could post the contents of the AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client directory with the files sizes and dates so we can compare.

My client directory currently has
    ... AdobeAir (this is a subdirectory)
    ... META-INF (this is also a subdirectory)
    client.exe 17/12/2020 10:40 174KB

I have tried copying in the client.swf (size 9231) but that does not solve the problem.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I am on a 64 bit operating system but it is still not working for me.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyIslander View Post

No, I logged in as usual without any issue, so only some accounts are affected.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    ok, thanks Cat. I thought about reinstalling.... but read your notes and saw it did not help.

Reply to Thread