Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    Hi Dona, here we go again !!! Trying to work out what is going on, will post on here if I get anywhere
    ok Cat ..Dona

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hello fellow settlers!

Same problem here "Your client could not be updated!"...

wondering if the potatoes at BB has run dry so no power to update.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same problem here as mentioned in this thread
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-01-2021/page3

And also during the install at the start it cannot load file #162 i think it is, is this the .swf file?
    Last edited by Jazzguy; 26.01.21 at 16:12.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol, shut down lappie, go home and start up again and magically now it starts working, exactly the same thing that happened on my first download on the test server and my first download on the Newfoundland server when we first used the client a few weeks back, will be interesting to see what files are in the directories now.

Hmm, I now have a client.swf file in the client directory timed at 19.19 which was the time I successfully got back in.
    Last edited by cat_flap; 26.01.21 at 17:07.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    lol, shut down lappie, go home and start up again and magically now it starts working, exactly the same thing that happened on my first download on the test server and my first download on the Newfoundland server, will be interesting to see what files are in the directories now.

Hmm, I now have a client.swf file in the client directory timed at 19.19 which was the time I successfully got back in.
    Ahhhh so another network?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just curious as to what programm the swf file is associated too now for other users....what was originally an adobe flash file is now showing as a gom player file on my pc and Im wondering if thats what the problem is.....
    Last edited by MaelstromJ; 26.01.21 at 18:01.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Someone else mentioned this earlier and also said they had removed flash, I seem to remember that I got a message from adobe in early Jan saying that it would no longer be supported and that I should remove it. I decided not to. My swf files are still identified as Shockwave Flash files but are not associated with anything to open them.

Now that is interesting, looking at the properties on that file (client.swf) it shows as being created at 17.26 on the 26th of January, modified at 19.19 on the 26th of January and Accessed at 21.18 on 26th January. My local time is now 21.23 so I would assume all times shown have been translated to my local time, which put the creation time of the file as 17.26. At that time I was not trying to access or download Settlers, I had given up and was waiting until I got home. I retried login at 19.19 which lines up with the modified time.

I wonder if that creation time is the time that BB created the file (which is a few hours after maintenance finished) or maybe the time it was somehow downloaded onto my PC, which can only have happened with no intervention from me). Would be very interested to know what creation time is shown on someone else's client .swf file. I wonder if they created a new one and that is what has solved the problem.

... Just checked with one of my guildies, their file show a creation time the same as mine and he was able to access Settlers almost directly after maintenance, I wonder what is being done with file and how often it get recreated. Have to monitor it for a while to see what's going on .....
    Last edited by cat_flap; 26.01.21 at 18:58.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Got the same problem client can't be updated.

just looked at my files and noticed if i try and load the game the client folder date changes to the time i tried to log in but no other files change from when it must have been installed in December.

i wonder what they have changed today to cause it? is anyone getting in that had the error originally back in December?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Okay, a little comforting knowing its not just me CatFlap. Frustrating! Let's see

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    ok , found a solution, see if this works for anyone else.

found the file that kept refusing to download via client and downloaded separately.

i have saved my version of client.swf , it is (9,455,333 bytes) @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg1...ew?usp=sharing

Reply to Thread