Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieu-le-Gros View Post
    For me, the instructions are "chinese". Is there not a simple and easy way to play again ?
    if you have tried to run and the game fails with ''cannot update client'', close the game down and

download the file from here

rename the file to client.swf or get my version already renamed @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg1...ew?usp=sharing

copy that file to the game install directory @ C:\Users\<yourloginname>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client

now launch the game from within browser
    Last edited by Harlequin_1963; 27.01.21 at 22:05.

Original Serf
    Depends what I'm doing at any given moment
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieu-le-Gros View Post
    For me, the instructions are "chinese". Is there not a simple and easy way to play again ?
    The answer is quite simply.... No, for an online game it's the worst start up procedure in the known galaxy.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    this is very annoying...I managed to get the game going before xmas event by downloading the swf file, but since this new update I am extremely frustrated.
    I have tried all the tips from the guide several different ways but keep getting Client can't be updated.
    Anyone else experiencing the same?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    this is very annoying...I managed to get the game going before xmas event by downloading the swf file, but since this new update I am extremely frustrated.
    I have tried all the tips from the guide several different ways but keep getting Client can't be updated.
    Anyone else experiencing the same?
    did you download the new swf file and then pasted into the folder replacing the one already there

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you, it is working again

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    did you download the new swf file and then pasted into the folder replacing the one already there
    Yes Hades...did all that...any tips?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I uninstalled my original standalone client and reinstalled it. Tried to start it so the client folder showed up in the directory. I downloaded the client.swf. Opened the file location and found the client folder. I opened that and it had Adobe Air, META-INF and the Client.exe files in it. No client.swf file was there to replace so I pasted the new client.swf file there. Tried to start the game and it still came back with Your client couldn't be updated.
    Is there something I missed? Please help

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    I uninstalled my original standalone client and reinstalled it. Tried to start it so the client folder showed up in the directory. I downloaded the client.swf. Opened the file location and found the client folder. I opened that and it had Adobe Air, META-INF and the Client.exe files in it. No client.swf file was there to replace so I pasted the new client.swf file there. Tried to start the game and it still came back with Your client couldn't be updated.
    Is there something I missed? Please help
    have you tried the new updated BB guide or just players advice?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    have you tried the new updated BB guide or just players advice?
    Hi John, I followed the new updated guide...downloaded the new client.swf file from there.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    after deleting the old one (with clearing cache) and also after installing the new one, have you done a win restart?

also , did you tried starting the game in an incognito/safe mode browser?
    what browser you using? mozilla stopped flash with the latest update (85 i believe)
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 28.01.21 at 12:50.

Reply to Thread